- 9 - Attack -

Edited.

Riley

"Hey Ry," I hear Tim's voice as my eyelids flutter open, the light blinding me for a split second. The medicine must have knocked me out cold.

"Hey," I groggily responded, trying to sit up.

"It's okay, you can lay down," Tim says, softly pushing me back down on the infirmary bed. His touch send sparks through my shoulders and I feel a shiver run down my spine. "How are you feeling?"

"Better," I say, relaxing into his voice. His voice was always calming, I could not explain why. Maybe it's cause I like him, I don't know.

"That's great to hear," he softly says, taking a seat beside my bed.

"So, what did I miss?" I ask him, one hand rubbing the sleep away from my eyes, the other just... uselessly laying there.

"Just a few new things we learnt." He says, proceeding to explain to me the things he learnt.

"How's your arm?" He asks after making sure I understood everything.

I peer down at my arm, "Er... Still redundant."

He lets out a chuckle, "It isn't completely redundant, Ry."

"I can't even use my abilities through that arm," I tell him with a sigh, "Which is probably why that is-" My eyes widened a fraction as I realized something I should have.

"What's wrong Riley?" Tim asks, his hand engulfing mine, concern swarming his orbs.

I looked at him, "Someone's in trouble," leaving my lips.

---

Alexa

My eyes blinked open and immediately, I felt a smarting pain rushing through my head. Where I am, or what I was doing here, remained a question to me.

The last thing I remembered was that Ryan and Jack were there, shouting my name before I blacked out. "You're awake," Ryan's voice came from my side.

I slightly tilted my head to his direction, finding him immersed in a book. "What happened?"

"You fainted," He said.

"Where's-"

"Jack went to check the room."

"Sorry for fainting, I'm fine," I sit up and he watched me as I attempt to stand.

"Doesn't seem like it," He sighs, closing the book in his hands, "What actually happened, Lex? This wasn't the first time. You kept falling asleep but whenever you wake up, it's like there is no hint of sleep at all."

At this point, I was debating whether to tell him about my concern as of that moment, "I..."

"Don't say it's lack of sleep. I can tell the difference, you know." He immediately says, his eyes finally meeting mine.

I looked around the room to see a very boyish room; the side we were on is very elegantly neat, the other was pretty messy, yet tidy... If that makes any sense.

Ah... This was probably Ryan and Jack's room.

He called my name again and I was snapped back into reality, "Sorry, uh... I'm not sure how to explain it." I say, my hands coming together on my lap, "I'm experiencing these very weak err... time jumps. Someone's messing with time and I guess the easiest way to explain it would be that I'm being caught in the middle of it."

He stares at me for a while, and I feel my heart stop for a moment. He opens his mouth to say something but was stopped when both his and my phone made a little noise at the same time.