- 2 - Welcome -

Edited.

So the man was, in fact, the principal of this academy, Academy of Myths. His name is Justin Lyle, advised to be called Mr. Lyle.

"Everyone here, the students and the teachers, they all possess a certain skill, or in other words, power, like me, I have the ability to bend minds." The principal says as we pass the hallways, where the students were busy bustling around, whispering things about the principal and I.

I avoided their gazes, listening to what Mr. Lyle had told me, taking in all about this school he's about to enroll me at.

"There are 5 main dorms on campus, Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, Topaz and Amethyst." He explains, "The cloaks have hoods that are coloured on the inside, according to your dorm. Red for Ruby, yellow for Topaz- you get the gist."

That explained why there were only 5 colours that stood out. Well, not really, since I didn't spot purple.

"Of course, you are sorted into the groups by your personalities." He says, "Miss Fray, our school councilor, has a similar ability to mine, the only difference is that she can see your soul instead of your mind."

I nodded hesitantly, not sure if I actually wanted to meet this "Miss Fray". He chuckles after a while, making me face him. "You have nothing to worry, Lexa, she wouldn't hurt a fly, she's not that type of person." I forgot about his talent on read minds.

That put me slightly at ease, knowing that she won't bend my soul to leave my body or something. "She's the determiner of the dorms. She assesses your souls to see your personality and best fit dorm and community."

The school was huge. The building we saw earlier wasn't the whole school, it was only the admin building. Behind the admin building, dorms and other facilities stood. Many students loitered the hallways or sat on the grass, or actually, floating above the ground, reading and talking.

"We have a ceremony to welcome you, Alexa." He says and I turn to him once more. "You've missed the orientation and welcome ceremony for the new first years in January, it's March now, but I'm sure you would get on just fine. You'll get your dorm later in the ceremony. In the mean time, you're allowed to stay in the guest dorm but I suggest you not to unpack everything yet until you have a permanent dorm room."

I nod, "Thank you, what do I wear?"

"Any dress that's appropriate, Miss McLane."

The guest dorm was decent, a size of a living room perhaps. There were many single beds lined side by side and many drawers.

I changed into a dress that came to my knees. It wasn't a fit to body dress, it was simply loose and comfortable. It was a plain dark blue with a thick tanned belt around the waist.

I looked in the full body length mirror and stared back at the girl before me. She had chest-length black hair, boring green eyes and pale skin. She was a bit too thin, as if she hasn't eaten for days, when she actually has. I would know, because it's me.

I wore matching brown flats and left my hair down, leaving it in its natural waves. Sighing, I take my phone and wallet in a clutch bag and went to the place Mr. Lyle had told me to go.

'Surely, if you got lost, the students will be going there as well, so just follow them.' Were Mr. Lyle's words.

Following the busy crowd flow was hard, they didn't push or anything, it was simply tight and suffocating. Plus, my height isn't to be too proud of.

After somehow managing to get to an opening, I saw another crowd right ahead so I looked for another way, which I did.

I saw a couple sneak out of the crowd, so I followed them. Thankfully, I didn't wear heels, or I would've given off that there was someone following them.