Chapter 2. from cowardly to brave

"Nathan, wake up," I heard something say.

Something tapped my shoulder, but I didn't flinch. 

"It worked now let's wake him up," I heard that same creature say.

Then I smelled something good waved in front of my face.

"That smells good. What'd you make?" I asked her as I woke up. I opened my eyes to her, holding a cooked catfish. My mouth was beginning to water until I managed to snap out of my trance.
"What just happened?" I asked her. 

She only giggled before I got my arms out from under the sand as she said: "Here, get something in your belly," me as she handed me the catfish. I took a bite before stopping to see if something was amiss; there was nothing wrong about it, so I kept eating. "Once you're done, I have something I want you to see," she told me.

Once I was done, I followed her through another door into the entrance of a cave, and in it was what she mentioned yesterday, a dragon. "Well, I'll leave you here with her. Bye!" She said before hastily went back inside. I was starting to think that was part of the act; that she wanted me to think she was dangerous. I walked over to her without worry. Suddenly she let out a roar, but I figured that had to be part of it too. 

"You aren't fooling me, I know this is a ploy," I said just as she grabbed me. "Either you're a good actor, or I'm legitimately in danger," I said nervously. She started to lick her lips, and that made me fearful. "Ok, get me out of here!" I shouted before she covered my mouth with her scaled hand. I looked around the cave for signs of cameras; there were none.

She then began to lick me thoroughly. Her tongue, though soft, was quite sticky from her saliva. "This stuff is like slime. Gross!" I said. She then stuck me under her tongue in her mouth. "Hey, what are you doing!" I shouted before she closed her mouth.

Secured down to the bottom of her mouth by saliva with only my head out from under her tongue for air, I was utterly defenseless if she was going to chuck me down any farther. 

"Is he in here?" I heard something ask the dragon. She opened her mouth, and I saw that same kid looking at me. 

"How'd I get into this mess? Stuck, practically glued to this dragon's lower jaw," I said. 

"You'll be fine. I sleep in there," he replied. 

"You sleep in here?" I asked as I looked around her mouth. "How exactly?" 

"I know it's gross at first, but after a while, in there, it gets comforting and warm for a reptile," he replied. "I think he has one for you too."

"a dragon of mine own? How nice of him," I replied. 

"Just stay in there for a few more hours and get used to it, and then you'll head back," he told me before the dragon shut its mouth. 

"Why would I even need to get used to this? I have a bed already, " I mumbled before trying to take a nap. "You know what, your mouth is quite warm, and your tongue makes the perfect blanket."

I was in there for what seemed like 3 hours, but I felt an unusual connection with the dragon as if I had a bond to her. 

"Nathan, you awake?" I heard her say. 

"You can talk?" I asked the dragon. 

"That's not the dragon! It's me, your mental trainer," she replied as the dragon opened its mouth. 

"Oh, it's you, is this why you had me in here? So I'd adapt to sleeping in a dragon's mouth," I asked. 

She nodded yes in response. "How was it, though?"