Chapter 6. Getting into the game

After that, he was more careful whenever we went hiking near the caves. For me, I didn't want to get bit again as I ended up with my arm in a sling and covered in Infested and for Machiavelli, I think, he wanted to make sure that pill wasn't being counteracted by the spider's venom.

"Nathan, how does your arm feel?" Machiavelli asked me.

"A bit better, at least it's not sore, but I still got no feeling in my hand," I replied.

"At least you weren't allergic," he replied,

"and what's worse is that I can't turn into my dragon form until it heals," I replied. I headed to the couch and ate the lunch he made me, looking for a capsule beforehand.

"Nathan, I assure you there's no capsule in there," Machiavelli told me.

"Yeah, I'm starting to think the same thing," I replied. I then took a bite into the burger only to fall into that same slight trance I did when the pill first kicked in. 

"Such a good taste, Where'd you find such a good tasing sauce for this?" I asked him as I focused on its taste.

"I had someone make it, just like I did your clothes," Machiavelli replied.

"Well, you're definitely a good cook," I replied as I finished it.

He then put a blanket around me and said: "thank you, I bet you're getting a bit cold why don't you cover up with this."

I grabbed the cover with my right arm, but as I did, I caught a whiff of the freshener he used, and I began to focus on that. "What freshener did you use? That smells really good," I said as I laid down.

"I know quite a bit of chemistry, so I made that. Now get up a little bit so I can put this under you," he told me. He then put a soft pad under me that began to heat up.

"That feels good. I think I'll take a quick nap," I told him as I closed my eyes.

"Yes, rest is what you need," I heard him say before I fell asleep.

I didn't realize how deep of sleep I fell into. I didn't feel him move me, hear the bustling of creatures through the ship, nor for a few hours hear the giant-sized snakes around my friends and me.

"Nathan, Nathan wake up," I heard Daniel say.

I open my eyes to find a giant snake surrounding us. "Daniel, what's going on?" I asked him. I saw the head of the snake on the inside of the coil looking at us. I went up to it, and it rubbed its nose against my chest. "Where are the others?" I asked him.

"probably surrounded by a different snake. Is your arm doing better, Nathan?" He asked me.

"I still got no feeling in my hand. It's my dominant one, too," I replied.

"Yeah, those spiders can be problematic for lefties," he replied.

I hugged the snake's head with my right arm, but as I did, it began to open its mouth. "Such a nice creature, practically a gentle giant," I said, not realizing that the snake was getting ready to swallow me.

"Umm, Nathan, you might want to pay attention," Daniel told me. I looked up to see tentacles coming out of the snake's mouth and pulling me in. "Nathan!" I heard him shout, but I wasn't paying attention to his cries as something got sprayed into my eyes and nose that caused me to listen to an unusual voice.

"Such a nice child," I heard something say as I was pulled into a pocket in the side of the snake.

"Is that the snake I'm hearing? This is such a cozy place for me to stay," I replied.