Chapter 11. Getting to know the family.

After she fell asleep, I started to feel like I should as well, but this was mixed with a feeling that she was picking favorites and was picking me out of the 5. With my age, though, there was also a feeling she persisted with me for a different reason.

"Nathan, can you see the dreamed-up world?" She asked me as I look around the room in the sense of familiarity.

"Yes, and is this... my home?" I said to her as I started to shed a tear.

She brought me to the couch and said: "Yes, it is, and your former home it's not as spacious compared to mine, but I've got your entire room now and more square yards to use," she replied.

"Wouldn't have expected you to use earthen measurements," I replied.

"Hey, maybe you can remodel the home?' She asked me.

"Do I look like a house flipper to you?" I asked her.

"It's easier than you think with our technology," she replied.

"What do I have to work with then?" I asked her.

"I'll tell you when we wake up," she replied.

I soon woke up to Clair, holding me and feeling the left side of my face. "You could use a cobra hood," she told me.

"So how exactly am I supposed to remodel this place?" I asked her as she got me out of the web.

"Let's head to the entrance, and I'll show you," she replied.

We headed out, and she gave me a device with a UI with a layout of the house. "Wow, 10,000 square yards, that's about as big as Machiavelli said he had set aside for my room and the hive," I told her.

"Yeah, the hive moved, and guess what?" She asked me.

"They're moving in with us," I replied.

"Wow, that's what I was going to say," she replied. "The hive took up most of that to be clear."

I started by placing the hive's door to see how much it took. It took 9,500 of it. "My room wasn't that big," I told her.

"Your room was only 50 or so," Clair replied. I then extended the size of the main room to double its size. "Ok, now we can so inside and do the furniture since the main room is done," she told me.

We headed inside to find the main room double the size and with 100 square yards left. "A lot of the stuff I don't normally use, but I have a feeling you'd find a use," Clair told me.

"K, I'll get everything set up," I replied. I set up the Lovesac couch to allow all of us to lay on it; effectively making it a big bed, Then the TV that somehow had a few HDMI ports on it. "I didn't know our standards were used here," I told her.

"Hah, your computers can even interface with ours," she replied.

"dunno why you kept that in there," I replied. "Also, I remember the hive being multi-story."

"Yeah, it doesn't account for the height, just the floor that connects to our home," she replied.

After getting the kitchen setup, I decided to get my computer setup, but after getting all of the stuff to use out, she told me we were heading out for lunch. "Can I at least be out of this form when we go?" I asked Clair.

"Oh come on, Nathan, you'll get used to it, then I'll let you turn from that form," she replied.

"Fine, but what restaurant are we going to?" I asked her.

"You'll find out," she replied.

We headed out into what looked like a shopping district of the ship, and the one she chose was surprising even to the others. "A Dairy Queen, wouldn't have expected that," I heard the other human kid in the group in the kid say.