Chapter 3. Waking up to a new outlook.

After what seemed like days, I woke up to no Infested on the outside of my body or face and nothing more than a white T-shirt and blue shorts on.

"Nathan, do you feel ok. You look like you're a bit cold," the commander asked me.

"I need something to warm up with. That Infested kept me warm to where being without it makes me feel like I'm in the cold," I replied. I tried to get out of the hammock, but my body still felt somewhat weak. I ended up falling out of it instead onto the floor.

"You'll still be sore, Nathan. The infusion might be done, but you're still not at full strength," he told me. "you sure you can come home?"

I tried to stand up, but I felt weak in the legs I could barely get back in the hammock.

"Ok, I guess the infusion isn't done then. You're supposed to be feeling vigor and strength, but you can hardly stand," he told me.

"How much longer till I can head home?" I asked him as I used what little strength I had to get into the hammock.

He put a blanket over me as he said: "Once you emerge, we can start having some real fun, Nathan."

"Emerge from what?" I asked before the Infested hammock completely encased me tightly.

I was in there for maybe 3-4 days, my strength slowly returning and nutrients and oxygen being sent directly into me. Once it was done, I felt the bottom break from below me, and I fell to the floor. I look around, and the entire room was asleep, or so I thought.

"Well, well, well, It looks as if someone else needed an infusion of Infested. So tell me, how is it like being with the commander of this ship?" Something asked me.

"Who are you?" I asked him.

"You don't recognize my voice Nathan, It's me," She said as she came out of the shadows.

"Macio? I thought you wouldn't have been separated from your family," I replied.

"Well, they must have thought something was off," She replied.

"That's odd because you don't," I replied. She was holding her rabbit, Heart, but she seemed to of acted entirely different from how he usually did. "You ok, Macio? You don't usually act like that," I asked her. Then I noticed something odd under the Infested covering her hair. "That ain't good," I thought of myself.

"Nathan! I heard the commander shout to me. "put this on; it'll keep you warm." He threw me some clothing that looked good on the outside, but the inside was soft, and with my hypersensitivity with my ability with touch, it was putting me more at ease.

"That's better now I can stay warm. Where'd you get this?" I asked him.

"I had it made for you, Nathan. Now I can see those eyes of yours," he replied. "But that's not all I have for you. I have a surprise for you in a few days."

"What kind of surprise?" I asked him.

"You'll find out," he replied. "Come on, let's head home."

As we headed back to his home, something caught my eye, a medium-sized humanoid dragon without wings on a stretcher being wheeled out of a room.

"Nathan, keep going!" He told me.

"Ok ok! just got distracted is all," I replied.

Once we headed inside, I saw something sitting on the couch, and it wasn't the two creatures I saw when we first met. Instead, it was a similar creature to what I saw on the stretcher, but it had dark green scales.

"Oh yeah, a friend of mine needed me to watch the one he was caring for. He'll be here for a few days," the commander told me.

as the commander left, I said to the creature: "I guess they put more than just humans through this."