Chapter 4. Adapting to a new body.

"Oh, Nathan, it's time," He told me.

"Time for what?" I asked him.

"That surprise I was telling you about a few days ago," He replied. "Get changed into your Infested and lose the watch you might ruin it." I did just that and followed him into the other room. He then somehow pulled the Infested over my eyes. 

"Probably should have expected that," I said.

"Just hold onto my hand," He replied. I held his hand until he stopped walking. What Daniel said was playing through my mind. "Stand there, Nathan, and don't move," he told me.

"Why does this feel like I'm standing on a trapdoor?" I said before it gave out under me. I fell into an unusual liquid that was changing my body. I panicked and began to flail around the tank, trying to get to the top. In a matter of 15 or so seconds, I passed out and fell to the bottom of the tank. It's practically a miracle I didn't drown.

after 45 minutes, I heard the commander say: "Nathan, Nathan, wake up." I slowly open my eyes to find myself back in a dragon's mouth.

"What kind of surprise was that? I fall into green goo, and then my entire skull structure changes," I said. The dragon then pulled me out of her mouth onto the grass.

"You aren't mad me, though, right?" He asked.

"Mad!" I paused there, trying to think of something to say that wouldn't hurt his feelings." I feel like my bond with her is as strong as it can be. I feel as if I know so much more about your kind, your culture," I replied.

"Ok, good, I'll let you acclimate to the new body. Then We're going to get some practice for something," he replied. He then walked back in only for Daniel to step out and sit next to me.

"So how does it feel now that you're in an alien body. You'll be a stranger to your family, Nathan, and you'd best give in now," he told me.

"Give in to what?" I asked him.

"You mean you aren't fighting his attempt to change you," he replied. I observed my now scaled skin; it was as beautiful as the dragon watching over us. 

"I know he wants his son back; I can tell he's grieving, and to tell you the truth, I believe he's the only key to finding my family," I replied.

"So you're just going to let him control you that easily," He asked me.

"Not exactly, I just want to please him. Not only to find my family but because I feel sorry for him," I replied. I laid down on my chest then I suddenly felt different again.

"Holy cow Nathan you can turn into a dragon!" He told me.

I turned back, then said: "That's pretty cool. I can get down with that."

"If you can, I wonder if I can as well," he replied.

"Do you have a dragon that he has you sleep in?" I asked.

"Yeah, I do, and her saliva feels good on my scales," he replied.

"Well then, get on your chest and try it," I told him.

He got on his chest then turned into a winged green-scaled dragon. He jumped around ecstatically as if he won something for the first time. I did the same, and we started to roughhouse a little outside. "I fell so alive. Why was I so concerned in the first place!" I heard him say.

"Hey, I can understand you in this form!" I told him.

"I can too. I wonder if we can hear her," he replied.

"You should be able to," we heard her say.

"Yup, that confirms that," I told him.

"Let's head back inside. I'd like to see his face when we show him this," he told me as he changed back.