CHAPTER 6:

She faced again the sink and splashes her face with a little bit of water,

 “Kaloka! Anong ibig sabihin niya na “Try to please me...” please please niya mukha niya!” on disbelief as she dried her face with the tissue found in the counter.

She decided to divert her worries to her dishes and cleaning up the kitchen,

“Basta gagawin ko lang ng maigi yung trabaho ko dito, tulungan si Tita... Ok na siguro yun.” She busied herself wiping the kitchen counters and the table.

But she didn’t know that Sam was standing behind the wall.

Yes you’re right, he was hiding!

He was carefully listening to Devon’s complaint as if he was entertain when he sees someone having a nervous tension or feeling a bit pressure over or about him. Talking about his superiority! Being the University Student Council President and Basket Ball Team Captain and the likes, of course now he is Devon’s boss, he has the right to demand anything from her.

 Except from the person he cares the most, Devon’s Aunt.  His parents moved out of the country for their family business and his old maid who acts as his parent was left for him to tend his needs. When it comes to family, that’s all he got.

But then as he was occupied listening to Devon’s complaint something hits his nerve,

“Ngayon lang ako nakasalamuha ng ganyan ka irritable at short-tempered na tao. Hindi naman sa pagiging judgemental, pero napakaobvious naman eh. Paano kaya siya natagalan ni Tita?” now she was sweeping the floor.

 Then she continues,

“Makahingi nga ng advice at makagawa ng strategy! Kala mo ah! Di ata ‘to basta basta!” she raised the broom up as if she was declaring a war.

“Tapos di pa ako nakapagpasalamat... Eh paano naman ako magpapasalamat, grabe umasta! Di ba uso maging humble? Wala ba yun sa vocabulary niya? Hmp! Nakakagigil!” then smashed the broom at the floor.

“Hayyy nako! Baka ano pa isipin nun! Na ginagawa ko yun para i-please siya... Like Hello? No way I would do something like that, lalo na sa kanya! Huh?!” she swept the last corner of the room.

“It would be the last thing I will do! Itaga yan sa bawat tiles meron sa mansion na ito! Kaloka! Sige isama pati ang mga granite! Never, as in never ako gagawa para ma-please siya! “Flatter yourself”?! Flatter in your face!” as she put the dirt from the dust pan into the trash bin.

As if there was smoke flowing outside her body that being angry seems to subside after she did that.

When she find her composure, she set aside the broom and dust pan to its place and turned off the kitchen light and went to her room.