CHAPTER 12:

Devon on the other hand was eating her breakfast while she kept thinking about how Sam and Robi became friends and her Aunt observed that her concentration was not on the food but to somewhere else,

“Devon, tama na ang tunganga... Ubusin mo na yan at baka gahulin ka sa oras...” she reminded her.

“Eto na po...” She quickly eats the rest of her food.

Then she continued,

 “Tita, maitanong ko lang... Kung paano naging magkaibigan si Sam at Robi?” like a tone of disbelief.

Her Aunt looked at her and was confused to the reactions she’s getting from her niece,

“Huh? Bakit anong meron dun?” She asks her.

“Wala naman po... Parang kakaiba lang na naging magkasundo ang isang seryoso tulad ni Sam at kalog naman tulad ni Robi...” as she carefully to choose the right words for her Aunt so she can’t be suspected that she was interested to them or whatsoever and most specially to Sam.

But the truth is, she’s really interested in a way she could get some clues on how she can dealt  someone like Sam Concepcion  so she asks her Aunt  immediately like she can’t patiently wait for another opportunity to ask her again.

“Ah yun ba? Nung iniwan si Sam ng magulang papuntang ibang bansa para sa family business nila. Lagi na lang siya malungkot at nagkukulong sa kwarto... Ayaw nga lumabas at makipaglaro sa ibang bata eh... Tapos bagong lipat naman ang pamilya ni Robi dito sa subdivision habang naglalaro siya sa tapat ng bahay nakita niya si Sam na nakasilip sa pinto... Palakaibigan talaga yan si Robi at niyaya niya ang alaga ko. Pinipilit niya talagang makipaglaro sa kanya... Bumibisita siya palagi dito sa bahay nagdadala ng laruan... Hanggang naging kagaanan ng loob ni Sam. Simula noon lagi na silang magkasama hanggang pagpili ng school para sa College...”

Devon simply nods on what she has heard. Maybe the loneliness he experience long-ago is the reason of what Sam became now. Then she felt that there’s a part of her, a molecule in size, a tiny particle that she should somehow understand his situation.

Then suddenly her Aunt butt in, like an alarm clock she was awaken from her faraway world, her thoughts.

“Oh bilisan mo na! Kunin mo na ang gamit mo sa Quarters at sumabay ka na kila Sam at Robi pagpasok...” Her Aunt instructed her.

She quickly went out the kitchen when she saw her wrist watch that she has little time left to prepare herself before going to school.  

As she enters her room she didn’t noticed that there’s someone standing behind the door waiting for her and he closed silently the door behind him. I know you’re guessing!

The man went behind her and clutched his hand to her mouth to prevent her from shouting then his other arm circling her body and arms to prevent her to move.

Devon freezes and was definitely immobilized. She was trying to look at her side to know who the person is and she was thinking how come there are 2 consecutive threats she was getting from no one when she can’t recall any grave misdoings she have done.

Then as if those apprehensions and concerns dissolve in space when the man spoke,

“I heard you and Tita are talking about me and Robi earlier...” It was Sam as he whispers at the back of her ear.  End of guessing game! Do you guessed correctly?

The he keeps on talking,

“Researching about me eh? So you’re really trying to please me, Devon...” as he laughs.

Devon reacted violently even though his hand was still on her mouth.

When she finally has freed her other arm from Sam’s embraced, she forcefully grabbed Sam’s hand away from her mouth and faced him,

“No, I’m not! At anong ginagawa mo dito?!” she was angry about Sam intruding her room.

“Where’s the privacy?” she told herself.

“Really? Just came by to warn you...” he gave her a naughty smile.

“For what?! No, I would never do something grossed like that! And for the record, it would be the least thing I would do in my entire existence, even in afterlife! So don’t bother!”  She angrily concluded.

Sam was smiling. He was definitely enjoying how he tormented Devon and how she fights back. She’s far different from the girls he met and not submissive to him.

After she finally said her protest, she felt that Sam was still embracing her and when she decided to push herself back, few steps away from him...

Sam on the other hand tightened his embraced and pulls her back to him with both arms. When it comes to physical strength it would never be an arguable discussion, Sam definitely won.

He smiled and looking at her intently as she just placed her hands on his shoulders to keep balance.

Devon blush a little on that thought that their faces are inches apart and realized that their body are leaning to each other and she can definitely feel their breathing.

Then she felt that his other hand crawled on her lower back, yes, on her butt and caressed it lightly,

“Let’s see...” Sam is still smiling.

Devon felt her whole face becomes red and quickly push herself away to Sam because of embarrassment then glare her scary and terrifying eyes to him.

Sam saw her reaction. There’s no words had been uttered but he definitely know what it meant. With no sign of regrets, he went out like nothing happened at her room.