02。𝓐. 𝓩𝓮𝓷𝓲𝓽𝓼𝓾

The blond-haired male recently became your boyfriend. It was torturous for you as his constant flirting with almost every girl he came across was almost intolerable. Still, a smile was always plastered on your face since you didn't want him to think that you were very controlling.

When both of you met Tanjirou, Tanjirou was immediately teaching Zenitsu how he should not be hitting on other girls when he has a girlfriend. This made your day a little brighter. Finally, someone who understands how I feel. Meeting Tanjirou was a blessing. He kept Zenitsu in control and helped with his flirtatious nature.

To your dismay, the day Nezuko got out of her box, all of Tanjirou's effort went down to the drain. Everyday, it was Nezuko this, Nezuko that and that was the last straw for you. Don't get me wrong, you also loved Nezuko but him? He seemed like he just forgot that he even had a partner.

Wanting to escape from the currently tormenting sight of Zenitsu chasing Nezuko around, you went out to take a breather. A sigh immediately escaped your slightly parted lips as you sat on the ground. Fortunately or unfortunately, due to the good sense of smell that Tanjirou has, he followed a sad scent and ultimately found you.

"(F. Name), are you okay?" He gently placed his hand on your back as he sat down beside you and assumed that position for a few minutes. It was silent, resulting in you easing into his company. The fact that he was willing to wait until you were comfortable enough to consult in him made you feel like you could open up to him.

"Ze.. Zenitsu..." You croaked out. As soon as that name came out of your trembling lips, it was as if a lump was caught in your throat and you were unable to continue. That name was just like a curse, making your heart ache as tears were prickling in the corner of your eyes, threatening to drop any second now. Swallowing your saliva, you took a few breaths before slowly confiding in Tanjirou.

Minutes which felt like hours passed and you finally told Tanjirou how insecure you felt and how Zenitsu only kept mentioning Nezuko. Tanjirou did not speak. He only patted your back as you wiped your eyes and sniffed.

Right at that moment, Zenitsu saw both of you. His jaw dropped and within seconds his fists were tightly clenched. Did Tanjirou make (F. Name) cry? He stomped over and the loud thumping caught both of your attention.

"Tanjirou! What did you do to (F. Name), explain yourself now!" Zenitsu growled as he started shouting at Tanjirou, disregarding the fact that it was already very late. Tanjirou gritted his teeth, that was it. How could he be so oblivious to everything?

"That's enough Zenitsu! Do you even know what you did? Go fix your attitude if you still want (F. Name) to stay with you. Do you know how bad you made her feel all this time with all your flirting?" He retaliated, raising his voice even louder. Zenitsu stood rooted to the ground, his eyes widened. What? I was the one who made (F. Name) cry? Tanjirou started calming down, however, still telling Zenitsu how he needs to stop flirting with everyone in an irritated tone.

"...Could you leave for a while?" Zenitsu's voice was barely a whisper. Tanjirou only nodded before making his way back to his room. "(F. Name), was what he said true?" Silence echoed through, he took that as a yes. His hand went to the back of your head, guiding your head to his shoulder as his other hand went to your back, holding you in a gentle embrace. He could feel how slightly you were trembling and how your tears has dampened his haori. His heart clenched. He couldn't believe how he treated his own girlfriend.

"I'm sorry..." His voice was shaky. He immediately felt like crying when you returned his hug. "I'll improve and stop flirting with others... I'm just scared.. I've never had a girlfriend before... You're my first so I don't know what to do to make you happy..." He felt his tears flow down his face as he apologised with much guilt.

"It's okay, Zenitsu, just don't flirt with others first. That's enough for me right now, we can figure out the rest later." With that, you held him closer.

"Thank you for putting up with me, I promise to do better as a boyfriend... I love you."

"I love you too..." A small smile formed on both of your faces as you two stayed in each other's embrace for a solid few minutes, wanting this moment to last forever.

Word count791

♡ 18.11.19 ♡