07。𝓣. 𝓨𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓲𝓬𝓱𝓲

Requested by mademoiselle_bun55

Request: Can you do Yoriichi x worried reader? Fluff, the reader gets worried for him when he's gone for months.

Not exactly fluff but still has a kinda good ending. Sorry, I tried 😭

~

From young, Yoriichi and you had been very close. Ever since Michikatsu was chosen to be the family's successor, you were the only one that he could play with. Time spent playing with him was enjoyable and always passed by before you even realised. However, this soon stopped when you learnt that he had to leave for the temple when he turned ten.

"(F. Name)... why are you not talking?"

"Ah... it's nothing!" Yoriichi didn't press on after you replied him but he knew exactly what was going through your mind. You wanted him to stay.

The time when he had to leave came sooner than expected and since it was in the middle of the night, you were unable to see him before he left. It was only when you came to visit during the next day that Michikatsu had told you. There was supposed to be three more years before he left so you were beyond shocked and slightly disappointed.

Months and years passed, you never stopped visiting, just to sit and think about Yoriichi. The same questions always passed through your mind. Is he safe? Is he taking care of himself? Is he happy? There was once where you tried going to the temple but he wasn't there and this made you lose even more hope.

However, one fateful day when you visited, a demon came and attacked the residence. Michikatsu tried to defeat it but he couldn't. People slowly got killed and you felt hopeless, resigned to your fate. You knew you were next when the demon locked eyes with you. Immediately, you closed your eyes and were prepared to take the blow. However, the pain never came. Instead, you heard a scream come out of the demon's mouth so you timidly opened your eyes.

In front of you was a demon slayer who have killed that demon in a single move. As you took a closer look at his face, a gasp escaped your mouth and tears welled up in your eyes. There he was, looking down at you with a soft gaze, eyes filled with many emotions.

"...Yoriichi?" While he has grown and changed, you were sure you could still recognise him with just a glance. He confirmed your suspicion with a small smile. Disregarding everything, you ran into his arms, beads of tears rolling down your cheeks. "Where were you? I thought you were never coming back..."

He merely chuckled as one of his hands came up to your head and gently patted it, the other still holding you. Looking up to meet his gaze, you were ready to lash out at how he just disappeared. Instead, you just asked him about his well-being over the past years while struggling not to sob even more. He then led you somewhere else before continuing the conversation, reminiscing the past together. To your disappointment, he stood up just a while after talking to you.

"Are you... leaving again?"

"I'm sorry... I have a mission to complete,"

"At least... say you'll come back... please," Lowering your head, you begged him softly. Seeing your vulnerable state, it was like something just pierced through his heart. Knowing how much he had hurt you, he felt that he was unable to forgive himself. Why must he lift your hopes up just to hurt you again?

"I will," He nodded, at first only to comfort you but now, he made up his mind to return. He wanted to come back, to spend time with you. With that engraved in his mind, he made his way to where he needed to go. While you were alone again, it was different this time, you believed he would soon be back.

With his promise in mind, weeks went by yet you never once lost hope. Every day you would wait, wishing today would be the day he came. Indeed, your patience has been worth it when one day, you saw a figure walking towards your house. As it came closer, you were able to make out vaguely that it was Yoriichi. Jumping onto your feet, you pratically flew to him as you took him into a big hug.

"I knew you'd be back," your voice muffled against his shirt, he hugged you back as he agreed in a carefree tone.

"I don't want to leave you anymore. I still need to do my duties as a demon slayer but... will you stay with me?" Without wasting any time, you just kept nodding. You were prepared for this, as long as you could be by his side, anything was fine. With that, both of you spent the coming years together. Although he was not always with you, it was okay because he would always return home to you with a smile.

Word count:797

♡ 03.12.19 ♡