Chapter 2- Luke Green

I wake up to the sound of feet pounding on the stairs.

  “Wake up! Wake up! He’ll be here in an hour.”

  I sit up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes. Who was going to be here? I groaned inwardly. Luke Green.

  I got up for Ashley’s sake, and walked over to my dresser, just as she barged through the door. 

  “He called your mom at work and told her he’d be here in an hour. And that was like fifteen minutes ago, so you need to hurry. Your hair is a mess by the way. What have I told you about taking showers before you go to bed?”

  I brush past Ashley, grabbing a pair of skinny jeans, and a plaid shirt off of my chair.

  “I’ll brush it, don’t worry Ash.”

  I walked into my bathroom, pulling out my brush. I loved my hair. It was naturally wavy, no matter what I did. It reaches down to the small of my back. I spent time on every single tangle, then changed into my clothes. The shirt was a light pink. I didn’t button it all the way, letting my white tank top show a little. The jeans fit perfectly. I added a light touch of mascara to my eyelashes, and a squirt of perfume.

  This was always my daily routine.

  I went back into my room and Ashley gasped.

  “You look great!”

  I thanked her, grabbing my Ugg boots from off the floor.

  I heard the doorbell ring and I gasped.

  “Don’t we still have like twenty minutes?”

  Ashley smiled.

  “Luke is always early for everything. I probably should have mentioned that.”

  I walked down the stairs, my Uggs making a patter sound again the wooden steps.

  I walked to the door, and Ashley let out a squeal.

  “Shut up Ash!”

  I opened the door, and there he was. Luke Green. Heart throb for millions. But not me.

  “Hello. Is this Melissa Martin’s house?”

  I nodded.

  “I’m Melissa.”

  He smiled.

  “I was hoping.”

  Ashley giggled behind me, and I stepped back so that Luke could come in.

  “Come in.”

 Luke smiled, walking into the foyer.

  He looked to Ashley and stuck out his hand. She gasped, but recovered quickly, and shook his hand vigorously.

  “This is Ashley,” I said, pointing to Ashley.

  He smiled again, this time showing a hint of white teeth.

  “In case it wasn’t clear. I’m Luke Green.”

  Ashley sighed.

  I groaned. She needed to get a life.

  Luke turned back to me.

  “So I’m sure you are excited for today.”

  I laughed.

  “I honestly don’t even know what we are going to be doing. Ashley entered me in the contest so I know nothing. I didn’t know until yesterday that this was all going to happen at all.”

  Luke let out a low laugh.

  “Well if you’re up to a day in town, I can explain it to you over a cup of coffee.”

  I nodded, laughing lightly.

  “Can I choose the shop?”

  He smiled.

  “Of course. You know the town better anyway.”

+Any comments? I'm open to suggestions. Thanks for reading!