Coming Back

I feel wet grass on my neck when I open my eyes, I realize my theory was correct about Malivore he didn't want me in him I was toxic to him, I was hurting him. I sat up, and only one thought came into my head, and that was Landon I needed to see him and tell him about everything even if he doesn't remember me, he deserves to know the truth.

I look around, and I am standing right in front of Mystic grill, and it seems like their closed, and that's weird because they only close on Holidays. Which means I was in Malivore for over four months. I look for the closest newspaper stand to get the exact day. I spot one and run to it and grab the paper out of it, and it says 11/23/2030, and I just then realized my birthday passed. I am officially an adult, and I didn't even know. I put the paper down and make my way over to the school and walk up to the keypad in front of the gate and punch in the code and slowly waited as the door opened.

I walked in, and no one was in sight, it was quiet too quiet, so I walked around till I heard a loud noise coming from the cafeteria. I said an invisibility spell and walked in, and everyone was having thanksgiving dinner, and I noticed Landon sitting by himself. I walked over to him and when Josie came out of nowhere and said "babe I made some pie want to try,"

I was confused, I look at them for a second, and when he leaned in and kissed her, I understood he was dating her. A tear fell from my eye and fell to the ground. I tried making my way out of here if the person that I love is happy. I am not going to ruin his life. I wasn't looking where I was going and bumped into someone, but I was still invisible, so the person fell to the floor and looked around. I realized it was Lizzie, and I just bolted. My heart was racing.

I walked over to the bus stop and waited for the bus going to New Orleans to see my family, maybe they can figure out how to remember me somehow if they don't kill me first.

I sat down and started crying. I know I love Landon, but he is better without me. He looked happy and if I told him about everything. It wouldn't matter because he still wouldn't know me or who I am. I didn't have anything to my name since I told Alaric to burn everything of mine, so the only thing I carry is the memories I made, and that's the most significant burden knowing everything but being unknown.

I saw the bus approaching, and out of nowhere I felt a little tingle on my arm I pulled up my sleeve, and I was shocked what I saw. A message appeared, and it said: "I know we haven't talked in a while, but I miss our chats."

I read it over and over again, and for the longest time, I thought this soulmate thing was fake I though my aunt Freya did some spell or something to make the words appear on my arm as they did.

The words disappeared, and the bus stopped in front me, and I was about to go on, but I decided that it could be Landon who's the one writing, so I said no thank you and the bus left. I knew only one place I could go, and that was back to the school but pretend like I am a new student.

I go back to the school but this time I don't walk in I ring the bell and Alaric came out and I had to pretend like I didn't know him. He walked up to me and said: "how can I help you."

I said, "my name is Hope Mikaelson, and my parents were Hayley Marshall and Klaus Mikaelson."

His eyes looked like they were going to pop out of his head, and I said to myself, fuck this and started to walk away when he said: "what creature are you Hope Mikaelson."

"that's a little hard to explain, but I am all three, sir."

He pointed his finger and motioned me to follow him, and I did. We walked throughout the school, and everyone was staring at me as he took me into his office. his daughters were there waiting for him, and he said: "girls, this is our new student Hope Mikaelson."

Josie looked like she wanted to kill me, but I didn't why, and Lizzie smiled at me and said: "Hi, Hope, my name is Lizzie welcome to our school its very nice to meet you."

I said, "same to you."

Alaric said, "Lizzie, do you mind taking her on the school tour and then to the empty room near yours."

She shook her head and grabbed my hand, and I felt something in my stomach; it was butterflies. I don't know why I was feeling this way, but I didn't want it. She walked me, thought all the floors and classrooms, and showed me everything. I already knew all of this. I have been going to this school since I was seven, but it felt nice hearing her talk plus, I had to pretend that I was new.

She walked me into my room and walked inside with me and said: "Hope that concludes our little tour. There are clothes in the shelves, and if you need anything, you can just come next door and ask me."

I said, "thank you so much for everything, and I just want to say my parents weren't as bad as you read in those books in the library."

I tear fell out of my eye and she hugged me and said "I know your parents died two years ago, but I am so sorry for your loss if it makes you feel any better my mom loved him and still talks very highly of him so I would never think of him or you as a monster."

When she let go of the hug, she smiled at me and waved me goodnight and closed the door behind her.

I grabbed some pajamas put them on, and made my way to bed. I saw a book on the nightstand, and I don't know where it came from. I opened it, and it said, "I saw you didn't have anything with you, so I thought I give you my favorite book for some good night reading." Signed Lizzie

I opened it up and read a few chapters, and the story is really good, and I don't know what the story is called. It was unnamed, but it's a good one. I was getting tired I had a long day, so I closed the book and put my head on the pillow and wondered how weird it would be to see Landon with Josie tomorrow, but if he is happy, I am. Or that's what I made myself believe.

My mind wouldn't let me rest, and then I remembered why I decided to stay. I grabbed a pen and wrote on my arm, "I know right, honestly. I thought it was fake like my aunt was playing games with me, but that's impossible now, so HI."

Hope went to bed shortly after that, and right next door, Lizzie was scrolling tik tok when she felt a sensation on her arm, and she blushed, and as she read the message on her arm, she was so happy that she had her soulmate back. And if she was honest lately, she has been very depressed, and finally, she has someone to talk to again. Two years ago Lizzie stopped receiving messages, and she always wondered why but now she has her soulmate back maybe her happiness can come back too.