Spring of the DEAD

I skipped class like I did most days so that I could hang out with Takashi, he needed a friend by his side after that happened recently. I went straight to the staircase he always went to.

[Y/N]: There you are, Takashi, I was looking all over for you.

Takashi didn't really respond and just looked out at the city. I walked up besides him and started leaning on the railing with him.

[Y/N]: Don't you dare be thinking about jumping, things will get better, I promise.

Takashi: Yeah....sure.

I looked at him with a saddened expression.

Takashi: Y'know, Rei told me that we would get married some day, we made a pinky promise.

Takashi chuckled at the childishness displayed back then.

[Y/N]: That was back in Elementary School, where pinky swears meant something, I'm sure we all grew out of that.

Takashi: Yeah, but still, it hurt. I really liked her.

[Y/N]: You never told her that though.

Who am I to talk? I held my feelings towards Saya back for years, maybe not as long as Takashi but long enough that I ended up blocking her out completely. It's gotten to the point that I don't even talk to her anymore. Do I have the same feelings anymore?

Takashi: It's a lot harder to admit feelings than you think.

[Y/N] (Mumbled): Don't I know it...

Takashi: What was that?

[Y/N]: Nothing, just thinking about how confusing these things can get.

???: You two are so stupid!

I knew that voice anywhere, it was Saya. I was afraid to look in her direction because I didn't know what to say to her after ignoring her for so long.

Takashi: What do you want?

Saya: Everytime you have to face something you don't like you always come to this stupid staircase and bring your even stupider friend along with you.

Typical Saya insults.

Saya: It's like your own little pity corner, look at you! Good God.

She walked down towards us.

Saya: The first semester has just started. How are you two ever going to make it though the year?

If I was in Middle School I would've probably responded saying, "I know everything already," but I didn't even want to risk the conversation.

Takashi: I could say the same thing to you. The fifth period isn't even over yet.

Saya: It's okay because I'm a genius unlike you two who got into this school either by dumb luck or because [Y/N]'s parents work here.

It was kind of true, I might've not gotten into this school if my parents weren't teachers at this school.

Takashi: Takagi, why do you always diss us like that?

Saya: Because I don't like stupid people.

Takashi: What?

Saya: Especially the ones like [Y/N] who can't admit that they're stupid.

I had a feeling that Saya was singling me out due to the fact that we had a little rivalry for smartest kid, a rivalry I didn't really care about anymore.

Saya: I mean, you're pretty stupid but atleast you know you are. So, if I tell you that you're stupid maybe by some miracle you'll be less stupid, stupid!