Drifters of the DEAD

(This happens before they reached the mall, so, just forget I mentioned the mall in the last chapter. Also, I might remake this story but....better. I reread these chapters and I just ended up not liking what I read. A lot of the conversations were just lazily ripped from the anime with tiny alterations, a lot of the actions the reader insert did seemed very forced, and when I do add things not in the OG story the characters don't seem to match up with how they would actually act. That doesn't mean I'm going to stop this story, I will finish it with flaws and all but I'm going to make a new one that might be a bit better or might not, who knows. Anyways, here's the OVA of HOTD.)

The dead resurrect and attack the live ones. Humans that are bitten become "them" themselves. Their numbers continue to rise rapidly and the end of our world began. As everything was destroyed, we ran. Ran and kept on running in order to survive. Fought, ran, ran some more, and fought again and again and again. We ran and ran as we kept on fighting and all kinds of shit happened and eventually, ended up on an island in the middle of nowhere.

Saya: How did we end up in a place like this.

Kohta: Oh stop it, don't tell me you've already forgotten about it Takagi. We set out to sea with a boat we luckily found in order to escape from "them" but we got lazy on the way and came to this remote island remember.

Saya: Yeah, I know that much pork rinds!

Rei: Wait, will you guys just look around at this place? It's nice.

Saeko: You're right, they can't cross the sea anyways.

Shizuka: So, that means we've finally found a peaceful place.

Saya: What are you talking about? There's nothing on this island except sand. Not a single thing to block the sunlight, there's no way we can live in a place like this.

Alice: Yes we can, Saya. Look!

Alice pointed towards a small beach house.

Saya: I-is that a beach house?

[Y/N]: Obviously, what does it look like?

Saya glared at me.

Saya: You know what I mean!!!

Alice: Good for us, huh?

We made our way towards the beach house and the girls went into a room to get changed into bathing suits we found. The only thing for guys were two speedos and a one piece.

[Y/N]: Well, this sucks.

Takashi: Agreed.

We changed with Kohta getting the one piece and Takashi and I getting the speedos, we sat of the steps.

Takashi: Who cares where we are? We're safe!

Kohta: I guess we are. We couldn't find any food since they were closed but we could use it as a shelter, and also, we found lots of water for emergency use. And besides, the merchandise is pretty sexy here.

Kohta looked at the calendar that showed a woman wearing a bikini.

[Y/N]: Can't argue with that.

I chuckled.

Takashi: I'm just upset this is the only thing we could find for guys.

He looked at his speedo.

Kohta: You got no problem, Kumoro. Look at me. This is what I got.

Takashi: You seem awfully happy though.

[Y/N]: Almost too happy.

Saya: No, it looks good on you, kind of.