All DEAD's attack

(So, this is the last episode of the anime but for people who like this story it will be continued from both the OVA and the Manga chapters. Anyways, let's get this chapter out of the way.)

It was the next morning after we met Shido once again. Takashi, Rei, Saeko, and I were ready to go find Takashi and Rei's parents. That was when Ms. Shizuka cheered out of nowhere.

Shizuka: Yes! Yes! I did it!

[Y/N]: Uh, you mind filling us in?

Shizuka: Now I remember!

[Y/N]: Remember what?

Shizuka: I remembered my friend's phone number.

Rei: You mean the one with all the guns and the Humvee?

Shizuka: That's right, she's in the S.A.T, the Special Assault Team, so she must be still alive.

[Y/N]: That's not a guarantee.

Shizuka: Just give me a phone!

[Y/N]: Fine.

I hand Shizuka my flipphone.

(The manga chapter was made in 2008, I'm just being realistic with the time period.)

Shizuka: Now, let's see, there's the 1 and there's the 2, there's the 3 and the 4, yeah, all the numbers are where they're supposed to be.

[Y/N]: Just put the number in already!

Shizuka: You're gonna mess me up, so, don't interrupt me, kay?

I sighed. Eventually she was able to make the phone call.

Shizuka: Rika! Oh thank god you're alive! A lot of things have happened to me too, I-...that place isn't good anymore. Oh, we borrowed your guns.

An explosion in the sky caught my eye, it caused a blinding white light.

[Y/N]: No. Nonononono.

Shizuka: Uh, hello? Rika?

I looked over at Shizuka.

[Y/N]: The phone stopped working?

Shizuka nodded.

Takashi: What happened?

[Y/N]: That was a high-altitude nuclear explosion.

Saya: Miyamoto, check the gun sight.

Rei: What? But why?

[Y/N]: We need to know if you see the red dot.

Saya: Just check it! Yours should be using the IC.

Rei aimed the gun at Saya.

[Y/N]: Hey! Don't aim a gun at someone unless you plan to shoot!

Rei: Sorry, sorry!

Saya got out of the way.

[Y/N]: Do you see the red dot?

Rei: Well, I can't see.

Saya and I shared glances as we both knew what had just happened.

Takashi: What's a high-altitude nuclear explosion?

[Y/N]: Are you an idiot? It's a nuclear explosion in the air.

Takashi: Okay, how did that affect our technology?

Saya: The explosion of the nuclear warhead in the upper atmosphere creates compton electrons, gamma rays then spatter those electrons from the atmospheric molecule. The spattered electrons then accelerate and spiral along the earth's magnetic field generating an electromagnetic pulse which is lethal for electronic devices. That pulse can travel through anything that works as an antenna and fries it's integrated circuit.