Running in the DEAD

I sat there on the bus thinking about everything that happened the previous day. I was just hanging out with Takashi like I normally did, Saya came by and made things more complicated for me, then, while trying to explain everything to the girl of my dreams, my  parents died and everything went to hell. Hisashi died and the entire city was destroyed. The worst part is, there's no reason for this hell to ever end. Takashi used to joke that Highschool was hell, and now, it really was.

So, we made a team, a team that gave me a reason to keep fighting for my life. And it was exhilarating, running, smashing through heads, and saving people. Then we fucked up, badly. We saved the wrong group and now, Takashi and Rei are out there while everyone else is on a bridge stuck in traffic.

Police: It's dangerous to go outside! Do not go outside your car no matter what! I repeat, do not go outside your car no matter what!

Saeko: We move any slower we'd be going in reverse.

[Y/N]: You can't blame them, everyone is trying to leave, probably every bridge is stopped up like this. They're trying not to cause a wreck.

Saya: At this rate, I don't think we'll be able to cross the bridge before dawn.

Kohta's stomach started rumbling

Saya: SHUT UP!!

[Y/N]: Chill out Takagi, he's just hungry. We should've stopped by the cafeteria to get some snacks. We're just going to have to wait till we cross the bridge to find some food or hope that the police hands out food. A human can survive up to three weeks without food and we shouldn't be here that long.

Saya: It's disgusting.

[Y/N]: It's natural.

Saya and I had a bit of a stare down before we heard gunshots and looked outside seeing cops shooting at those things. Two girls in the back covered their ears and looked down in fear. Shido leaned in front of the two girls.

Shido: It's okay.

Shido hugged the girls.

Shido: It's safe in here.

[Y/N](Mumbling): Not with him.

Saeko nodded in agreement.

Shido: It's okay.

Girl: Mr. Shido

Shido: You have nothing to worry about, my darlings. There, there. It's alright.

He's the reason Rei and Takashi are out there.