Democracy Under the DEAD

The TV switched from static to the "Please Stand By" screen. Eventually, it cut back to the studio.

Newswoman: Uhm, there seems to be a problem with our remote.

[Y/N]: Bullshit, they're hiding it.

Newswoman: From now on we'll give you the story from inside the studio. The condition outside seems extremely chaotic, so, stay home unless it's absolutely necessary to go outside. We'll bring you more stories as soon as it's safe to cover more stories from the site.

Takashi banged his fist on the desk.

Takashi: Why didn't they tell us anything else?

[Y/N]: They're probably trying to decrease panic, make it seem like everything is under control when in reality no one knows what's going on. The more panic the more danger people will be in.

Saya: And with that panic and chaos come a disruption of order. And then...when order is disrupted....

[Y/N]: Anarchy.

Newswoman: This unusual and unprecedented biological phenomenon that spread throughout North America has yet to be under control.

[Y/N]: It's worse than we thought, this is happening in different continents.

Newswoman: Government authorities have evacuated the White House and will relocate to a command center on board the aircraft carrier George Washington. There are reports that the transfer of power is in preparation for the use of tactical warheads to combat the infestation. We have currently lost contact with Moscow. Beijing has been set ablaze. London has maintained order while in Paris and Rome there are reports of looting. Government officials have declared a state of martial law.

The TV started glitching out and soon went back to static.

Takashi: So, they're everywhere.

Kohta: That's crazy. Everything was normal when I checked the internet this morning.

Rei: I can't believe this.

[Y/N]: Better start believing it, it's the only way any of us are going to survive.

Rei: But they'll stop it, right?

[Y/N]: We can't be certain of that. This city is already destroyed, the US government left the US, Moscow is off the map, Beijing is gone, and Paris and Rome have reached an all time high in crime. London might seem fine but they're probably struggling just as much as anyone else, we can't hold out hope that this will be stopped. All we can do is focus on finding your family and friends aswell as a place with good enough defenses and good enough supplies to stay at.

Takashi: Why do you got to be so blunt about it?

[Y/N]: Because this is a living hell. The only way to survive now is to forget everything that you perceive as normal. No more rules, no more adults to guide us, no more restricted areas, we are on our own.

Saya: [Y/N]'s right. This is a pandemic. There's nothing we can do.

Shizuka: A pandemic?

[Y/N]: A disease prevalent over a whole country or the world. Also an outbreak of a disease, both definitions work here.

Takashi: So what?

[Y/N]: What do you mean "so what?" Do you not get it? There's no place that's going to be completely safe, we're going to need good defensive ability to survive.

Saya: This is exactly like the Spanish Flu in 1918.

[Y/N]: It infected 500 million people around the world, including people on remote Pacific islands and in the Artic.