Chapter 14: Shawn III

Chapter 14 Shawn Humanity Loss

Lisa was still mad and afraid. I couldn't' blame her though. I felt the same. I tried my best to console her, but I didn't know her too well. That was more of Charlie's thing. Able to cheer people up. I could inspire others through teaching, but he could relate to them on the emotional level.

The door to the room we stayed in didn't open. We both looked at each other. I placed my hand on the door. Nothing. We started knocking, but Jasmine nor Imhotep came to the door.

"What if he's hurting her?" Lisa said.

We no thought our halos activated and I started to write open on the door. Nothing happened again. Lisa started shooting arrows then told me to back up as she detonated the door. After the explosion, the doors still stood. Lisa cursed and I heard the doors from the green side opened. The two prisoners we saw earlier came out. A tall man with blonde hair and muscular. The other a small female who looked like a little girl.

For a brief second their images became two angels. I saw them as they murdered others. I realized that I was seeing their past somehow. No, I was seeing the past of someone else. Someone who knew these two. The vision stopped as the two prisoners approached us. I stood in front of Lisa. My body trembling, but I had to be a man for her.

"I take it you're new." He said smiling and greeted us as if he was presenting us to a show. His arms stretched. "This is your new home. You wonderful little halflings."

"Halflings?" I repeated.

"They don't know." The little girl said. She had red hair tied back into a ponytail. Her eyes were a bright green, but there was something about her face that was sinister. The guy and his long hair flowed in the air as he continued to dramatized every move as he talked.

"Then, I guess they aren't Nephilim, not true ones anyway."

"Can we still play with them?"

The older man looked at us and then at the little girl. "Why not? They know how to use their halos. Go ahead."

The little girl's halo appeared as she pounced toward us with unbelievable speed. I managed to block her with my staff, but she countered by climbing it and jumping on Lisa.

"Lisa!" I screamed, but the man was on me now attacking me with a rapier. I blocked all of his strikes which were coming in as a blur.

"Yes, It's been so long since I killed."

My body kept reacting to the man as he attacked. I wasn't in control, it was almost as if someone was controlling my body. I managed to strike him a couple of times with my staff. At one point I pole-vaulted over him. He landed some strikes and the pain screamed in my head. THe hear was overwhelming. I could hear Bruce and Charlie fighting downstairs.

"Keep your focus on me!" the man said attacking again. I planted my staff in the ground and pole-vaulted into a jump kick that caught him off guard. I wrote sleep in the air and the words manifested towards him but he faded away. I felt a sharp pain in my back as I rolled forward and turned. The man stood there with my blood on the tip of the rapier. He had teleported behind me.

"Teleporting is such an effective power, don't' you think? He stabbed the air to his side and part of the sword disappeared. I felt pain in my foot and realized that the disappeared part of the sword went through my foot. I crouched down in pain as I looked at him. Tears trying to escape my eyes. He started laughing as he pulled his sword back.

"You see, I can teleport part of anything. I can even pierce your heart if I wanted, but I love to fight."

"You're a fallen angel," I said.

"I am. I killed too many humans as an angel of death. God didn't like that, so I was banished. So I continued until Lillith here caught me. Made me her slave, but you know what? The gig isn't too bad. I still get to kill humans and Nephilim. God's favorite creation, humans. What makes you so special? Then the abomination of Nephilims. Why would angels ever consort with humans? We are stronger, more powerful."

He continued to inch forward as he talked. The hate coming with each of his words. I hope he didn't notice that I was setting a trap using my blood. I hope my plan work.

"So, you're a serial killer who targets humans?"

"And why not? You, humans, are the worst. You disobeyed God by eating the fruit. Then you all kill each other for love and for land. Why not hunt humans as a game? You don't' care about yourselves. I'm glad I was kicked out because killing humans is fun. Now hold still why I pierce your," He paused. Panic set in his eyes as he realized he couldn't move.

I stood up, the pain in my foot gone and the wound healed. Around him, the rest of my blood formed the word constrict. He couldn't' concentrate as the blood crushed him. I felt a tinge of guilt about killing him, but I convinced myself that he was a demon now. A fallen angel who preys upon humans. His screams turned to laughter as his body faded in an explosion of light.

"Finally, true death." He laughed