Chapter 31 Jasmine VII

Chapter 31 Jasmine "Negative Influence"

 "Bad company ruins good morals."

Charlie opened his eyes from his meditation. He told us about how he had to admit something about himself in order to gain the trust of Anubis. Even then, he still didn't achieve this bond that Imhotep taught us. We agreed we can't move forward in the house until we achieved it. Everyone took a turn to try to bond with their memory.

Turn after turn everyone seem to be defeated when a blue light appeared. The light form into Imhotep. He looked at us with a disapproving face.

"This isn't me, this is my last thoughts before I fade away from existence."

"But, how?" I ask.

"My power. I have the ability to implant memories onto objects. In this case, all of you failed to bond with the memories of the Egyptian gods. Just like their memories are part of you, I was able to send parts of my own memory to each of you."

"That burst of force when you died, that was you transferring your memory to us."

"Exactly, and now this is all that is left of me. I'm going to teach you how to bond."

Everyone nodded and he began to tell us how bonding works. He told us that we were afraid of stepping into their bodies. That the memories are locked within our own memories, like the memories of your first steps, seeing our parents for the first time. We see glimpses because those memories still react to spiritual threats.

The memories manifest as the god that try to possess us. Meaning that we had a bloodline descended from Nephilims. Imhotep, by implanting part of his memory into all of us could now link us together to a specific moment. One of the few moments when all five of them were present.

"So all we have to do is relive the memory of this moment?" Bruce asked.

"Yes, this memory should bond you with the memories. It is my memory after Job's life was given to Lucifer. You will each be experiencing the memory together from my point of view. In essence, you will be me. Then you will relive the experience through the god."

"Angel." I corrected.

"Angel," Imhotep memory said, "This is dangerous though. If you can't handle either memory, it could cause you all to develop amnesia. Time will be accelerated."

"I get it," Charlie said. "This is like us going into your dreams. Inception."

"Are you ready?"

Everyone looked at me and I nodded. "We don't have much of a choice." I was fighting the urge to say no. Part of my own guilt yelling that I made to many bad decisions. Now, I was trying to use more spiritual discernment and I felt this was the right course of action. To use more powerful abilities and use them for God. Guilt kept telling me to walk away, to refuse this last memory of Imhotep.

"I will cease to exist after this memory. I will become a faded memory like your younger ones. You have one chance to make this work."

"No pressure," Charlie said.

Guilt kept yelling at me and I kept ignoring it. "What do we have to do?"

"Join hands, I'll do the rest. Clear your heads of any negative thoughts. Once I start my flashback, any guilts you have will become projections like me. You need to focus on one singular goal which is to survive this flashback. Do you understand?"

I wanted to say stop, but we needed to do this and I fought to keep the guilt down. Everyone clasped hands and focused on Imhotep.