Chapter 26: Jasmine Part VI

Chapter 26 Jasmine Joy/Link to the past

I wasn't dreaming but I won't awake either. Heqet stood before me again, but there was nothing around me. We were the only illuminated figures in the nothingness of space. She still wore the same garbs as before.

"You're more than just my conscience, aren't you?"

"I want to say I'm a guardian angel, but that would be a lie. In truth, I don't know what I am. I know I'm tied to your conscience, soul, and memories. I heard what everyone said. I'm dead. Erased from the book of life. So, I guess I'm just a memory that resides in your subconsciouses."

"Why did you do it? Why possess me? Why did your friends possess my friends?"

"I don't remember. I'm sure it had to do with you being a Judge. Judges are rare you see. We called them God Chosen. Military leaders in times of crisis."

"Like Samson."

"The physically strongest of them all. Humans are fickled though. The Lord's love for humans made him realize that power corrupts them. Thus, over the years biblical Judges rarely were born."

"Are you telling me that to create Judges, they had to be possessed from birth?"

"No, no one knows how the Lord chooses his Judges. The only thing we knew is that they have higher spiritual energy than other humans. We can sense that. They are also born without guardian angels."

"Which is why you came to us, but how is it that the five of you possess the five us, and we happened to become friends. Isn't strange that my friends come from diverse places and we happened to be Judges?"

"Bonds. They go deeper than on a spiritual level. Imhotep tried to teach you about bonds before he was killed. Bonds don't happen with magic and weapons. They can occur with others. You gain power from each other. In order to bond with your own abilities and the others, you have to accept one simple truth."

"No, I won't' do it. I won't' accept that you and your friends did that to us. I won't, I can't forgive you. Don't you understand? You raped me. You tried to take my body and make it yours. My friends are in danger because you infected me with your own spirit. Without you, I wouldn't have seen that battle with Imhotep. My friends would be safe."

"And without us, you would have died from those demons that attack him. Make no mistake, God makes no mistakes. He may not govern us angels and humans as equals, but where he gives you free will, angels benefit from not having destinies, fates, or prophecies. In short, if we mess with humans, it isn't God's will. His will is helping humans with overcoming the spiritual by believing in him. You can't forgive me? That is on you. I'm already dead. My friends are dead. You can either use that bond or die when you fight Lilith."

"Don't try to be righteous. Besides how can I bond with you if you're nothing but a memory implanted in me? God will make away. I'm not leading just by blind faith. My faith has a purpose and he will provide a way."

"I have no doubts that you believe that. I hope you believe that. I'm the link to your past. The link to power. The reason you have it. I was created by God as you were. I lost faith and I failed my friends. I hope you do not do the same."