Bonding

Vein and Koharu leaves the Teleport Gate to check out the area.

Koharu: You weren't kidding about this floor being hot. And you said that in the beta it was even hotter.

Vein: Yeah. Compare it to the beta, the beta was 3 times hotter.

Koharu: Holy cow!

Vein: I know right!

Koharu: No I mean look a cow. Is this floor a farm or something?

Vein: Told you some monsters can still be count as animals. So you want to try and fight them?

Koharu: How strong is the monsters here compare to Floor 1?

Vein: I guess around 2 to 3 times. I don't really know.

Koharu: We have to fight them sooner or later.

Vein: Well which one do you pick?

Koharu: I think I'll pick now!

Vein: Great choice.

Vein and Koharu charges towards the cows.

Koharu: The cows name is Onrushing Cow?

Vein: Yeah a pretty stupid name if you ask me.

Koharu: Vein behind you!

Vein: Huh?

Vein quickly side step and slashes the cows body.

Koharu: It didn't die after being slash like that?!

Vein: It does have more HP. I'll be more surprise if I one shot it. But with a sword skill...

Vein uses Cross Arc and kills the cow.

Koharu: I'll try it to. Activate Mirage Thrust!

Koharu uses a sword skill but didn't manage to kill the cow.

Koharu: What the?!

Vein: Koharu Switch!

Koharu: O-Okay!

Vein jumps in slicing the cow's head in half killing it.

Koharu: How did my sword skill not kill it?

Vein: I did damage the cow before using a sword skill. 

Koharu: Man I never thought Floor 2 monsters would already be this hard. And there's still 98 Floors after this one to clear...

Vein: Don't worry. All we need to do is upgrade or buy a new weapon.

Koharu: I think I'll upgrade my weapon for now. After all we don't have a lot of Col.

Vein: You are right on that.

Koharu: Hey, wait a second... I just realize this whole floor is full of bulls.

Kirito: They say the theme of Floor 2 is exactly that, Bulls. Welcome to Moo Moo Heaven.

Koharu: Kirito! And Asuna too! Nice to see you guys again!

Asuna: Hello. I think we last saw each other at the boss battle.

Vein: Looks like the two of you formed a party, huh?

Koharu: The way you two fought together back then, I'm sure you make for a strong pair!

Asuna: We're not really a pair. Kirito and I are just working together for the time being.

Kirito: Right, so. I'm out looking for material to upgrade my weapons, so Asuna here is just helping out for now. That's it. That's all...

Vein gives Kirito a sympathetic look.

Asuna: By the way, have you guys upgraded your weapons? The monsters only get stronger. Best to be well prepared as you can be.

Koharu: Yeah, we were just thinking about upgrading our weapons too.

Kirito: As long as you upgrade them, the weapons you got on Floor 1 should be fine. Of course, you have to collect material and go find a blacksmith to do it, but the prize is in the effort.

Koharu: I see... Thanks for the tip.

Asuna: I'm only just started looking into any of this sort of stuff, but you're pretty well-versed, huh Kirito.

Kirito: I was a beta tester after all. I know my way up to Floor 10. Though, I guess I shouldn't really even talk about that. I am a no good "Beater" aren't I? You lot shouldn't get mixed up with me.

Koharu: Don't be silly! I mean, we were testers, too... We just couldn't be any help to you, Kirito.

Asuna: You trying to take on everyone's loathing and envy like that, that was ridiculous. Are you trying to show off? You two shouldn't worry about it, though. Kirito made that decision himself. Who cares what they say anyway? We know the real Kirito. That's good enough.

Koharu: Asuna is right. We know the real Kirito, and we think of you as our friend!

Kirito: All right, all right. You win. You got me.

Vein: I wanted to thank you again.

Kirito: I just did what I could do back there. You don't need to thank me for that.

Koharu: No, Vein and I don't just have to thank you for that boss battle, Kirito.

Kirito: You mean... Back when I taught you and Klein how to use your skills?

Koharu: Further back than that. "Wait please! At least tell us your name!"... Does that ring a bell?

Kirito: Hmm? ...Oh! From back during the beta!

Koharu: You ran in to help me when I was in a bind. You saved me. It was so inspiring.

Vein: It really was you back then wasn't it, Kirito.

Koharu: "Enjoy your last day then." I think is what you said. You were so cool!

Asuna: Oh? So I guess Kirito was always trying hard to be cool, even during the beta, huh.

Kirito: That was just to fit my avatar. I was just role playing okay... Just, let it slide, would you...

Asuna: Anyway, rekindling old friendships is good and all, but can we get back out there looking for material?

Koharu: We can help out. You don't mind, right Vein?

Vein: It's fine, just think of it as thanks for the boss battle.

Kirito: Thanks a lot. It always helps to have more hands on board. I'll need you to go get 10 Fury Lock from the Onrushing Cow here in Grotto Plains. When you've got them all, let's meet up in the safe zone by the Teleport Gate. Happy hunting.