Taking a risk

Vein: And we're here. All we need to do now is to ask the Dark Elf Soldier to let us in.

Yuuki: I can't wait to see what the fortress looks like.

Dark Elf Soldier: Warriors of man, lady Kizmel is expecting you. Please, head right on inside to see her. 

Inside the fortress

Vein: Kizmel, we're back.

Kizmel: Vein, Koharu, I'm glad to see you two are safe. So did you manage to find Tuoli.

Koharu: About that Kizmel... There's something we need to tell you...

Vein and Koharu explain everything that had happened.

Kizmel: I see... So Tuoli saw her mission through to the very end. You did well to bring word of this to me.

Koharu: We got the Lapis Key back and brought back this secret note, too. This is enough to stop a full confrontation with the Forest Elves, right?

Kizmel: About that... It would appear that someone has tipped off the Forest Elf general of our preparations for battle. They launched an attack on our camp and wiped it out. We can expect them to be emboldened by this victory and push here next. Our own general plans to take a team of our own and strike before they do. It would seem there is no way out of war now.

Vein: Seriously?!

Koharu: You're kidding...!

Kizmel: The Forest Elves claim that we faked the Lapis Key being stolen in order to launch a surprise attack on them...

Yuuki: And now the key is really here, so they're really going to come and fight to get it back, huh...

Kizmel: It would seem so... Vein, who is this you now travel with?

Vein: A new friend.

Yuuki: I'm Yuuki! Nice to meet you, Kizmel.

Koharu: She jumped in to help us when we were facing the Fallen Elves. She's really something else.

Kizmel: Her presence seems that of man, but she appears just as one of us... She reminds me of Leafa. Any friend of yours is welcome, Vein. Alas, we are in no position to offer any form of hospitality to you. The young Tuoli gave up her life for this, yet still we can do nothing. I am quite ashamed...

Yuuki: Kizmel, I was there for Tuoli's last moments. She truly had faith in you to the very end. I think she found peace of mind believing that you would know how to set this all straight...

Kizmel: Did she now...

Koharu: There's got to be a way. Something...

Vein: Maybe we can show the General the note.

Yuuki: I hate to see things play out just like those jerks wanted.

Kizmel: Our general is most understanding, and would certainly not want any part in a Fallen Elf plot. But those Forest Elves...

Yuuki: Right, so we'll let you talk to your general, Kizmel. And we'll go talk with the Forest Elves ourselves. They won't want to fight in spite of the truth, right?

Kizmel: But... No, it is far too risky.

Yuuki: If we don't take any risks we'll never stop this war.

Vein: We want to do all we can.

Kizmel: You speak with determination... I must say, I am ever astounded by your actions. But yes, I cannot let the faith Tuoli put in me go ignored. Very well, we will try your plan. Here take this as both your reward and to prepare for what is to come. Speak with the guard once you are ready. I myself must prepare as well.