The lore behind Aincrad

Kizmel: Our Commander will certainly reward you for your deeds here. Allow me to show you back to camp.

Koharu: Hey Kizmel? What's this key you're talking about anyway?

Kizmel: Yes... I suppose I might tell you. This key is a sacred relic from long past, spoken of by my people, the people of Lyusula.

Vein: Lyusula?

Kizmel: Others tend to call us Dark Elves. But that is merely a term to describe our race. My people were born to life from the sacred Lyusula tree. We take pride in this, and hence call ourselves the people of Lyusula. Indeed, this matters not to you menfolk. You may call us as you wish.

Koharu: Sorry, but thanks. "Lyusula" does have a nice ring to it, though. Sounds like some sort of nocturne.

Kizmel: Is Nocturne a kingdom of man?

Koharu: It's a type of music you might play on a piano -- er, on an instrument. I learned them as a kid. Back in real -- Back at home I often played them.

Kizmel: So you are no merely a warrior, but a master of music as well. it is a great honor to be compared to the songs of a master.

Koharu: Hey uhh... Kizmel, are you really an NPC -- Were you really born here in Aincrad?

Kizmel: I was. Though I was born far after the time of the Great Separation. We are born on this separated lands, and destined to die here. No one doubts this. Yet the Forest Elves think otherwise... Why is that?

Koharu: Kizmel, you're much easier to talk with than other NP-- other people from Aincrad. I'm surprised how much like us you seem.

Kizmel: Hmm, yes. You warriors of man hail from lands far beyond, don't you?

Vein: Do you know about the real world?

Kizmel: I am unfamiliar with the names of your kingdoms, but yes. Mankind cast their last and greatest spell to summon in warriors from far beyond. And now you all forced to fight to unite the fortress in the sky as one... That is why you do not mix well here, yes? Yet with you here before now, I do not see how you differ much in matters of language or custom from the people of Aincrad. I too find surprise in how markedly easy it is to sit here and speak with manfolk from far away lands.

Vein(Whisper): So that's the lore behind all this, huh...

Koharu(Whisper): The way she changes things up to match what we say, it's like she's not an NPC at all...

Koharu: You sure know a lot of folklore, Kizmel. This scared relic key though, is it to the holy lands of the scared Lyusula tree?

Kizmel: That... I am afraid I cannot speak of.

Vein: Is it a Dark Elf secret?

Kizmel: That is part of the matter... But more over, it is not for a mere knight such as myself to know. All knowledge of it is passed down only within the royal family. Those of us below them know only that it is the key to sanctuary. And that sanctuary must never be opened. That is all...

Koharu: Never meant to be opened, huh... Sounds like pandora's box or something.

Vein: And the Forest Elves want the key in order to do just that?

Kizmel: Precisely. And we must prevent that no matter the cost. I have been tasked with the responsibility of bringing the key to a safe location up above, and am in the midst of taking it back to camp. The Forest Elf ambushed me along the road, and almost had me... And there will surely be others following. I mustn't stay here long.

Koharu: Kizmel, is there any way we could help? Would be better to have numbers, right...?

Kizmel: Do you wish to aid our cause? If so... I leave the Jade Key in your hands.

Vein: Wait really?! Are you sure?!

Kizmel: You came to my aid with no question of my cause. This is a trust won in earnest. I will lead the Forest Elves away from the camp. You must go in my wake to deliver the Jade Key to the Commander. I was meant to meet the Commander beyond the Spider Queen Cave. You would do well to take the byway.

Vein: I-Is it s-safe?

Kizmel: The byway is protected by the magic of we forest dwellers. The path itself will only reveal itself to those with the Jade Key. But still... The monsters are not affected by our magic. You would do well to take caution.

Vein: Oh w-we definitely will. T-Thanks for the heads-up.

Kizmel: Now then, until our paths cross again.

Koharu: You be careful too, Kizmel.

Kizmel than jumps up to the tree.

Koharu: "Spider Queen Cave"... It sounds like a giant spider lives there. We can't get past without beating it, can we...?

Vein: Y-yeah I g-guess so.

Koharu: Don't you dare leave me alone with it, Vein!

Vein: So your not a fan of spiders?

Koharu: Is anyone really fond of bugs with lots of legs...?

Vein: I g-guess your right. W-Well what are w-we waiting for, let's go to the S-Spider Q-Queen Cave.

Koharu(In Mind): Vein... your hands are shaking...