Conflict before battle

In the labyrinth

Koharu: Guess Kibaou and the others already kill all the monsters.

Vein: Can't believe they just went ahead to kill the boss just because they saw info in the Guide Book. I wonder did they even prepare at all.

Koharu: Look Vein! It's Kirito and Kibaou.

Vein: Look like we made it just in time.

Kibaou: I don't care if this King is a completely new enemy and nobody knows what moves it has. We are going to fight this boss sooner or later.

Kirito: I know but that doesn't mean you have to go and fight it the second you found out info about it.

<Liberation> Member: Kibaou! If we stop here it'll be just what that Beater wants! Forget him and let's go!

<Knights> Member: If the Liberation Squad is going on ahead, than we are too... we can't let them get ahead.

<Liberation> Member: Figured you'd say that. You're no better than that Beater you love so much. Can't expect you to lead all of us!

<Knights> Member: We Dragon Knights have taken up the torch of Diavel! Don't forget your place.

Vein: Agil your here too?

Agil: Glad you guys manage to made it.

Koharu: This doesn't look good...

Asuna: Indeed. All they care about is who's in charge. What a bunch of idiots. Kirito came all the way out here worried about them and everything...

Agil: They aren't quite as foolish as you might think. After what happened on Floor 1, they put in a plan to retreat if the boss seemed different than expected.

Koharu: Well, if that's the case, then why are they bickering like this?

Agil: Simply. They don't want Kirito here to be raid leader. And it's not only Kirito they're worried about. It's both of you too, Vein.

Koharu: What? Wh-Why us?

Vein: Yeah why us?

Agil: Everyone is well aware of how you guys helped Kibaou to get everyone up to level. They probably told everyone on purpose. Plus you were able to go toe to toe with Illfang for a short period of time, Vein.

Vein: Oh that...

Asuna: Great, so they've launched propaganda wars to convince everyone that their team is the best, huh...

Koharu: Uhmm...?

Asuna: They're using you guys to show others that stronger players are joining their side first. And by doing so they're hoping to steal members from the other side. The whole reason sentiment against Kirito has abated is because they're afraid that'll help the other side, too. It's easy to see right through their actions.

Koharu: You have your own party too, right Agil? Have they tried recruiting you?

Agil: Nope. We've been pretty clear from the get-go that we are a neutral, independent party. Now then... Looks like things have settled down.

Kibaou: Enough jabbering already. We're gonna head in just like we planned. And you all are gonna back us up, got it?

Kirito: Fine. Everyone watches out for the General's hammer attack, and if too many of us get paralyzed we fall back. And like I said earlier, the only attack we know of is the King's breath attack, so be careful.

Kibaou: We just gotta watch its eyes, yeah? You hear that fellas? Don't let this dirty Beater here take the prize! Move out!

Kirito: Looks like we're the backup again. Sorry for dragging you into this. Oh! Vein and Koharu glad you guys made it.

Vein: It was thanks to Argo. If it wasn't for her, we wouldn't even know this whole thing is happening.

Koharu: Don't worry Kirito, we are part of your squad.

Kirito: M--My squad?!

Asuna: Heh, what are you gonna do now, Kirito? Are you gonna go ahead and form your own little brigade now?

Kirito: Yeah right. I'm no Diavel. Vein, everyone. No matter how much they bicker, those lot are still the ones supporting all the players here. If anything should happen to them, our ticket out here will only get further away. That's how I feel, at least.

Agil: I'm right there with you. If we can't make it through here, we'll only slow down everyone else.

Kirito: So we've got to take on the front line. We've got to keep them all safe. Let's do this!