Happy place

Amelia

" Lennox Dimitri bought all the shares held by the shareholders of "The Websters and co" now both the owners will run the company together , but it is being said that the Collins the former owner of " The Websters and co" still have the upper hand , as 20% of the overall shares are still behold by the heiress of the company who is known to be missing . TEAAAAA" yells my very dramatic best friend while reading the newspaper.

" I know ....it's all so fucked up Ellie ." I sighed as I replied .

" So are you just gonna go back ?? " She stared at me in search of slightest indication that I'll return back .

"No , I'm sure I won't be going back ..I don't wanna be a part of their mess and the best part is if I don't return back , my shares will be automatically transferred to the trust and none of them will be able to buy it ..so I'm relieved " I stretch my hands and stifle a yawn .

She gave me a worried look and placed a hand on my shoulder " You know , I'm gonna support you in anything you do , Right? I just want you to be happy . You don't have to work so hard Amy , you're a freaking heiress for gods sake . The things you're doing these days can be done within a snap of your fingers . Go back . You don't deserve all this ."

I yanked myself away from her gave her a rather furious look " You think I was happy over there ? Seriously ???.. " I looked straight in her eyes ,to see sympathy for myself which made my expression soften a bit . I tugged at my new auburn hair with both my hands and pushed all of them back with a sigh . " No Ellie , I wasn't happy over there . Not at all . I used to cry every single night locked in my bedroom . They forced me into things I never wanted to do . I was all alone . I had no one to talk to . My parents only contacted me when we had to appear infront of the public for birthdays and weddings . I would have beared with all those stuffs as I was pretty used to them by then , but when they decided to sell me out-." I choked at my last words and found Ellie rubbing my back like a mother does when her child is broken .

"I couldn't stay there anymore Ellie, he was at least 25 years older than me . Can you even imagine that ?? I expected my mother to fight the situation off but she said I was destined to be this way and I should curse at my grandparents who decided to buy shares in my name . That's why I ran before meeting that old fart . I heard he already had two wives with two children from each . And I'm so thankful I ran Ellie , I don't know what would have happened to me if I stayed back there . And I'm even more thankful that I met you ." I had tears streaming down my face . My cheeks wet with the salty liquid reaching my jawline . I wiped them off with my hands and smiled at Ellie .

She said nothing at first but eloped me into a tight hug and I realized from her voice that she was crying as well " I'm so sorry Amy , I didn't meant to sound harsh. I just don't like you working so hard . Sometimes I wish I was rich enough to feed you , to fulfill your needs , rich enough to make you my baby . No no no my sugar baby ." I pinched her stomach and drew away from her . Clutching my stomach I started laughing so hard at her choice of words .

I was still laughing , when I noticed Ellie through the corner of my eyes . She was smiling at me . A very genuine smile which were reaching her eyes . I pulled her into a hug once again . " I love you Ellie , you're very precious to me . I think this is my happy place . The placed I was destined to be"

"Hey hey hey ...don't get too addicted to me or this place , what if someday you run into your prince charming and he wants you to move in with him .... then you'll leave me alone and forget me while living the picture perfect life with him" she wiped her very fake tears while fake sniffling .

I laughed at her " Okayyy and if I leave one day then won't your prince charming or should I say 'your Andrew' will fill in my position . I'm sure he wouldn't let go such a golden opportunity.." I winked and she responded by blushing hard and throwing a cushion at me .

Andrew is her crush slash soon to be boyfriend . They both are madly in love . He is the owner of a cafe where Ellie drags me with her everyday which is actually very far away from our apartment but love makes you blind and energetic too I guess. ..

I caught it and threw it back at her which collided with her head and we laughed in unison . The whole apartment room filled with the echo of our laughter , as most of the space was empty . Thankfully I had brought my résumé and other certificates with me and got a job as an assistant in a well known company . But unfortunately , this company was on the verge of bankruptcy , tho there are a few rumors that someone has bought the company the last weekend and starting tomorrow we'll get to see a new person as our boss .

I'm quite nervous tho , what if he's an ass and fires people for stupid things . I hope not cause our last boss was very lenient with us and being the youngest, I was supported by everyone and most of them are like a family to me now . I joined the company last year when I was twenty-three , my birthday will arrive a couple of months later and also the day when my grandpa launched this company fifty years ago .Every year a huge party is thrown to celebrate this day along with my birthday . The only people who adored me in my family were my grandparents . My parents were some rich brats who had sex and I was popped out of my mother's womb and after that they never gave a fuck about this unwanted developed sperm .

Ellie and I were now sitting on the couch facing the television with pillows in our hands . In no time she was sleeping soundly clutching the pillows towards her chest , I stood up, laid her down gently by pushing her body in a sleeping position and covered her body with a blanket . I leave the room after closing the windows and turning off the tv.

I enter into my bedroom , throw myself on the bed . Setting up my alarm for tomorrow morning , I cover myself with a blanket too . Thinking about the upcoming day I drift off to sleep .....

*****