Scaredy kitten

Amelia

Dressing up for work is the hardest thing to do for me . After searching for few minutes I found my navy blue dress which was classy and looked formal enough to meet the new boss . Earlier I was my boss's secretary's assistant but now that my boss is gone along with his secretary I'm the one at charge... until a new secretary is appointed .

I wore my nude colour four inches block heel sandals , packed my stuff in my nude coloured handbag and left my bedroom to meet my best friend who was dressed in her uniform looking like a perfect hotel manager she is . Charcoal black suit and skirt that complemented her long legs along with a sexy silk white top ,she looked like a diva in my kitchen making toast and eggs .

"Good morning sweetie" I greeted her as I placed a swift kiss on her cheek and passed by her to serve our breakfast in a plate .

"Good morning to you too" she grinned at me as I passed her the plates to place them on the table . I took out the milk from the fridge placed it in the microwave for a few seconds to warm it up . I took it out, poured it in two glasses and left the counter to join Ellie on the dining table .

We ate as fast as we could and ran to the main door . We usually have no time to go back to our room and check ourselves out so we have a mirror at the backside of the main door to look at ourselves before leaving . I still remember how awkward the carpenter was when we told him about our idea .

We were in a lift now , my back was pressed on the wall while Ellie was leaning on the handle . Remembering something I ask
" What time does your shift ends ??"

She quickly replied grinning at me
"7:30 for this whole week " .

"Good ! cause we are going shopping today"

"Shopping?" She raised an eyebrow at me .

"Yeaah we desperately need some curtains , bedsheets and towels and don't worry it's on me cause you have been buying groceries for continuous last three months ." We stepped out of the elevator and moved towards the road to find a taxi .

"Nope not happening . If we are buying something like that we are dividing the money , and it's not like I'm not earning Amy " she said sternly .

"Okay then , I'll pay you back for the groceries and before you deny let me remind you , I was earning at that time as well . You didn't allow me to pay for anything cause you wanted me to save and it's completely unfair Ellie . I'll be paying for everything today and that's final ." She was about to say something but I shot her a look and got inside a taxi after wishing her good bye . I wish we could use the same taxi , but our workplace's were at opposite directions .

Fortunately I was still twenty minutes early . I made my way towards Kimberly , the receptionist and also my very close friend .
"Good morning Kim" she smiled and greeted me back .
"Any news on the new boss ? Will Charles come today ? "
" No Amy , no news on him yet but I've heard from Charles that he likes to do the survey of his companies personally . He also told me that he's some big shot . But he never answered me when I asked what was his name ." She shrugged , being as oblivious as me .

"I guess either they are trying to surprise us or scare us to death so let's just hope for the best ." she hummed in response .

After few minutes of chatting I leave her alone to attend other customers .I decide to go into my office and start working on the new files before the new boss arrives .

I walked in the elevator and press the nineteenth floor button . The doors were just about to close when a foot in polished dark black shoe stepped in between to stop the elevator . Not knowing how to react I reached forward to stop the elevator from closing as well . The doors reopened and the shoe owner with heart- capturing features stepped inside . He surpassed me to stand behind , our shoulders brushed a little making my breath hitch for a moment .I look up at the ceiling and thought 'God is this my reward for being a good child??'. His strong addicting cologne filled the elevator space , making me all hot and bothered . I could feel his gaze burning into my back , so I stayed still waiting for my destination to arrive . The elevator doors swung open and I got out or you can say I ran away from him as quickly as possible .