Chapter 2

~~~Love Songs~~~

UA Dorms, Jiro Kyouka's room:

Jiro sighed in frustration as she still had no clue on who 'Mighty' is. A month already passed and nothing else popped up except for his first hint from his confession, which took her two weeks to figure out.

Flashback:

Two weeks already passed with no clue on what the hint might be. Jiro listened to it again and again until she could almost dictate what's said in the video by heart. Lying on her bed, she listened to the video once more until she heard something that made her feel stupid. Grabbing her phone, she immediately rewound the video then played it and heard the words, "But since we're heroes in training, I want to give you a challenge."

Never before had Jiro felt so stupid and not listening directly to what he's saying. Finally understanding the new hint, she began her quest on the next day.

Flashback end:

Another two weeks passed since then and she still had no idea on who her idol is. Thinking up of the possible students from the hero class, she narrowed down her search to the first-year hero students. She didn't know any upperclassmen except for the Big Three and she doubts they know much about her. She sighed once again and looked at her phone when she suddenly had a new notification from Mighty. She smiled widely and immediately watched his video. Same as the last one, Mighty was seen in the video as he wore a dark green hoodie, mask, and fingerless gloves to hide his identity. In his arms was his guitar.

"Hello Kyouka, I guess you still hadn't found out who I am and it's funny when you're trying to look at the students who you think is me. For your adorable tries of finding me, listen to this song. This is Never Surrender by Skillet." Mighty said as he played the song. During the video Jiro was wondering where the hint is in the song, listening to it closely to hear every word. When he finished, Jiro still wasn't able to figure out the hint until he spoke, "Here's your second hint. Find the person of this song and you'll know who I am. Till then, see you next time." He waved and the video was cut off.

'Person of the song? What did he mean by that?' Jiro thought. She looked at the comments to the other viewers' opinions and saw the many comments about how great his singing is, some jealousy from female fans who wanted him to confess to them, some bashing, etc. when she found a comment from a random person about what Mighty said.

"The person of the song? Do you mean someone you can relate to this? Someone who never surrenders?" it said.

It suddenly clicked in Jiro's head. Someone who never surrenders, that's what he was talking about. Unfortunately, she would have to search for the whole classes of 1-A and 1-B since she didn't know their whole personalities except for about half of her class. Seeing that Momo and the other girls were not what he was talking about, she dismissed them. Bakugou was a huge no. Yes, he doesn't give up, but he doesn't look like the type who would be part of such a thing. Same for Todoroki. The other boys in her class doesn't seem to be able to pull off these stunts except for one person in her mind.

Midoriya Izuku.

She admitted that she had a crush on the cinnamon roll in the past, but had to force it down due to his closeness to Uraraka and seeing how she likes him, Kyouka won't stand a chance to someone like her. With her assets and bright personality, there's no way Izuku doesn't like her.

Jiro rubbed her head in exasperation, she had no time for this. She had a class Christmas party to join and songs to sing. She got her female Santa outfit and guitar ready and went off to join her classmates. She'll just ask him after the party.