Chapter 5

* The next day *

Youngkyun's words never left Chani's mind. Why did he mean by "Seokwoo's girlfriend isn't his girlfriend"? What was he talking about?

Another thing that worried him was about his relationship with Youngkyun, will their friendship be as before? He hoped so.

On the way to school he was thinking so deep that he didn't notice that Youngkyun was already next to him.

"Woah!" - Chani screamed when he noticed Youngkyun

"Don't scream, it's me, your bestie!!" Youngkyun said with a smile

"Hey, it's you. Are we good?" Chani asked

"What do you mean?" Youngkyun was playing stupid even though he knew what was Chani talking about

"So, we're good"

"Youngkyun, can we please talk?" Seokwoo showed up out of nowhere

"Uh, yeah sure"

They both smiled to Chani and went to talk privately.

Chani was curious about what were they going to talk about so he went after them, hid and stayed quiet.

"Why did you tell Chani that you don't love him?" Seokwoo spoke up first

"Why are you lying about your girlfriend?" Youngkyun spoke back

Seokwoo's eyes widened up, Chani's as well.

"I never said I had girlfriend, you know?"

"But you also didn't oppose it, hm?

"I couldn't do so"

"Why?

"Not your problem"

Chani couldn't believe what was he hearing. Once again, he had hope. His eyes shined again.

"It is my problem since Chani's involved"

Chani's name being mentioned made him all confused.

"How..?"

"Don't you love him?" Youngkyun asked Seokwoo

Chani wanted so badly to hear his answer but a phone ringing interrupted their conversation.

"Is it her?" Youngkyun asked Seokwoo

Seokwoo just nodded and picked up his phone

Chani run as fast as he could, his heart was beating so fast. The whole conversation was so confusing to him. He didn't know what to think.

Chani had to know Seokwoo's answer so badly. So he made up a plan to see the truth.

After school he invited Youngkyun to the coffee shop.
They sat near the window where the view was very beautiful, and Chani began the conversation.

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

"What?" Youngkyun couldn't believe what was he hearing

"Um sorry, I said it wrong. Can you be my fake boyfriend?"

"F-fake boyfriend? What for?"

"Um I might have heard your conversation a little while I was passing by"

"What exactly?"

"Um, everything maybe?

"Chani, you're unbelievable. If you heard the whole conversation then you heard that I lied that I don't like you as well"

"Well, about that, Youngkyun, I'm sorry but I really don't think I can be something more than friends with you."

"And you still want me to be your fake boyfriend?"

"Please help me, as a friend, I really need to know if he loves me or not"

Youngkyun thought about it some time and at the end he agreed to it, even knowing that it will hurt him so much.

_________End of chapter _________

Finally found inspiration and time to update this story. Hope you like it.