Chapter 8

Today was a big day. Competition to any demigod to compete on the Obstacle tower.  Percy was competing and so was the competitive Clarisse.

Clarisse was known as the big bully in Camp Half-Blood. Everyone was seated and excited to see who would win. Jessica, Annabeth, and Grover were rooting for Percy.

Chris - Jess.

Grover saw from a distance.

Jessica - I told you to leave me alone.

Chris - Please. Come with me.

Jessica - Go where.

She responded with not caring to what he says anymore.

Chris - You have to trust me--

Jessica - Trust you?

She scoffed at him.

Jessica - You're the one who lied to me about Luke.

Chris - And I had no choice.

Jessica - No. You had a choice. You just chose to ruin the relationship. Or did my brother ask for you to be with me so he would have kept an eye on me. Am I wrong.

She says truthful facts to only leave him with no words. Jessica and Chris departed.

Chris calls Luke.

Luke - I'm guessing by your call she said no.

Chris - She practically hates me. Well, you gave her a choice to either come peacefully. Now, we don't.

Luke - I'll have her rather hate me than to be dead by that Jackson.

Chris - You should know they're growing very close, Luke.

Luke - She's doing it to get back at me for never answering her, leave her be. I'll handle her when you bring her to me.

Chris - It's not gonna be easy. She's tougher than she was before.

Luke - Then bring others with you. Also, bring me that Satyr.

Chris - By when?

Luke - As soon as possible. Just wait for hocus bull.

Chris hangs up and left the arena to figure out a plan.

Jessica's POV

Everyone cheered as it started. People got on as the obstacle started spinning. One had fallen off and went in front of Grover.

Grover - There goes another one.

Annabeth - Go Percy!

Jessica - Whoo!

They clapped as Grover cheered for Percy loudly not ashamed. Percy was ahead from Clarisse.

Grover - Come on Percy! I got 50 Drachma on you!

Annabeth - You bet on this?

Grover - What, is that wrong?

Two other people fall off. One fell off screaming. Clarisse pushes on stick, Percy holds on with one hand until Clarisse pushes another stick on his chest. Percy holds onto one more down below trying to pull it. Clarisse went down holding onto one more stick.

Percy was at the top seeing Clarisse catching up quickly.

A Satyr was beside Grover had bigger horns, more built, dirty blonde, with a mustle t-shirt on. As Grover was about to cheer for Percy, the other Satyr beside him was louder than him and Grover looks at him.

Ichneutae - Clarisse!!

Tereus had his foot stuck on the ladders and was being dragged still being in the game.

Tereus - Help! Help me!

Clarisse and Percy looked down and saw Tereus being stuck and dragged. Knowing Percy he'd rather save someone than win.

Percy jumps off does a back flip and landed laying down near Tereus helping him. He helped him up until a thick black stick hit him having him fall off the obstacle.

Tereus - Thank you!

We ran to Percy.

Annabeth - Percy!

Clarisse wins confetti went off everyone chanted for her. Annabeth helps him up.

Clarisse - So, what I'm wondering is, Percy, that first quest you went on, beginner's luck, wasn't it?

Annabeth - Clarisse, he saved Olympus. That's more than you've ever done.

Clarisse - Whatever.

She walks between Annabeth and Percy with an attitude.

Grover - Even for the daughter of the god of war, that girl's a mythic bi--

Annabeth - Don't listen to her, Percy.

Percy - You know, it's too late. Besides, she has a point.

Grover - Dude, what are you talking about? You're more than one-quest wonder.

Percy sits down and so does Annabeth. I stood behind them.

Grover - You recovered Ares' stolen chariot.

Percy - No, actually, that was Clarisse.

Grover - Okay, what about the Fall Tournament? You owned that sucker.

Annabeth mouth said Clarisse name.

Percy - Mmm-mmm.

Grover - Clarisse?

Percy - Mmm-hmm.

My hand goes on my face and shake my head at Grover.

Grover - Okay, the Solstice Games? The Bronze Dragon's Quest?

Annabeth and I were mouthing him to stop and hand movement. Percy looks at Annabeth as she smiled. He looks at me and give him a smile. I look at Grover he stopped and didn't want to say anymore games.

Percy - Thank you for trying to cheer me up.

Percy got up and out his hands on his shoulders. Annabeth gets up. Annabeth and I walk together as Grover and Percy walked together.

Annabeth - I would lick a pair of cloven hooves before I let you listen to Clarisse instead of us. No offense, Grover.

Grover - None taken. Is that an offer?

Annabeth - Listen, it doesn't matter what Clarisse has done. To Chiron and Mr. D, you're still the rock star.

Mr. D - Perry Johnson!

Percy - Actually, it's Percy Jackson, sir.

Grover, Annabeth, and I left to leave them two to talk.

I came back to find Percy cleaning up.

Percy - Hey, what are you doing here?

Jessica - Grabbing something that I left.

Percy continued raking everything seeing him looking a little bit sad.

Jessica - Hey.

I went to him and laid my arms folding on his shoulder and my head on top.

Jessica - Cheer up, Jacky boy.

Percy smiles from the name I gave him.

Jessica - Look...To me, you still won. Rather saving someone than winning is an automatic win to me.

Percy - Thanks, Jess.

Jessica - Besides, Clarisse is always the bully. Don't let her get to you, ok?

Percy nodded giving me a smile.

Jessica - I gotta go. Bye.

I kiss his cheek.

Percy - Bye.

I left Percy and went to my cabin showering and went to bed.