Chapter 10

Percy walked in to where the woman who speaks of Propechy and every candle gets lit.

Delphi - I am the spirit of Delphi, speaker of the propechies of Phoebus Apollo. Slayer of the mighty Python. Approach, seeker, and ask.

Percy - I heard there was a propechy about me.

Delphi - Aye. But before you learn the future, know first the past. Long ago, before our time, before Olympus and the gods, Titans ruled the world. Les by Kronos, a force so evil, he devoured his own children. But three of his sons escaped. Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon. They destroyed Kronos and banished his remains to the depths of Tartarus.  But Kronos is dated to rise again to exact his vengeance on Olympus, and the world. Only one Half-Blood child of the three eldest gods can defeat him. This child shall be our salvation or the cause of our destruction. It all begins when two cousins grapple for a fleece, the son of the sea and the lightning thief.

Percy - Luke.

Delphi - And that Half-Blood of the eldest gods shall reach 20 against all odds. And see the world in endless sleep. The evil soul, cursed blade shall reap. A single choice shall end his days, Olympus to preserve or raze.

Percy told the same propechy to Chiron.

Percy - "Raze" with a "Z" as in "destroy." I asked. Is there any chance, any chance at all, that I might not be the guy in the propechy?

Chiron - The Oracle references a Half-Blood of the eldest gods. You are the only living Half-Blood heir of Zeus, Hades or Poseidon. The propechy could refer only to you.

Percy - What if I destroy Olympus by not being good enough to save it?

Chiron - That seems to be the question, doesn't it?

***

Mr. D - It's absolutely out of question!

Annabeth - If you could just listen to me for one moment..

Mr. D - I am listening. You want to go on a quest. Oh! It must be Thursday.

Annabeth - I'm serious. I'm absolutely sure that this is gonna work.

Mr. D sighs sitting down in his chair.

Mr. D - It was such a good year.

Annabeth - The golden Fleece can heal any living person or thing, including Thalia's tree.

Annabeth shows him the tablet.

Annabeth - We heal the tree, we restore the barrier around camp.

Mr. D - I'm surprised you want to go along with her on this, Mr. Undershirt.

Grover - Underwood.

Mr. D - Whatever. Every satyr who has ever gone after the fleece has died.

Grover - Right? I mentioned that to her.

She bumps her arm with his.

Grover - But it's a risk I'm willing to take for the good of the camp.

Mr. D - Look, the last I heard, the Golden Fleece was in the Sea of Monsters, what the humans call the Bermuda Triangle. A place not only a Satyr should be afraid of. So, the answer is no. No. I'm sorry, Annabelle.

Annabeth - Annabeth.

Mr. D - Whatever. It's a terrible idea.

Everybody was summoned to the Obstacle arena. Jessica didn't go she was where Percy would go when he would want to be alone to talk with his father.

Mr. D - I've got a grand idea! Unless Thalia's tree can be cured and the protective barrier around our camp restored, then every demigod, centaur, satyr, and nymph will be killed within days, if not sooner.

Tyson - Hey, you okay? Don't worry, camp will be okay. You have to have faith, right?

Tyson whispered to Percy.

Mr. D - But fortunately, I have considered the matter. And after a great study, I have determined that the only thing that has the power to save Thalia's tree, and therefore our home, is the golden Fleece of myth.

Annabeth - What?

Mr. D - Whose touch can heal every person and every thing.

Annabeth sighed.

Mr. D - So, a quest, a mission or Mercy, if you will, into uncharted and deadly waters, with nothing less at stake than our own survival. Now, a Satyr is naturally drawn, as you know to the power of the Fleece. And therefore, it must be a Satyr who will guide a Half-Blood on this quest.

Grover - Thanks a lot.

Grover said to Annabeth.

Mr. D - Ichneutae! Will you guide the champion?!

Ichneutae - Oh yeah.

Mr. D - Good! Great! That's great!

Everybody cheered.

Grover - Yeah!

Grover was happy he wasn't chosen he was even clapping.

Mr. D - As to who that champion might be, our plight calls for only our finest hero. The best of us, the strongest and the bravest. I Scion of the god of war, Clarisse!

Everyone cheered for her.

Grover - Her name he gets right.

Percy thought for a moment Mr. D was talking about him.

Everyone was dismissed and Percy caught up Clarisse.

Percy - Hey, Clarisse. Clarisse!

Clarisse - What. Oh. Don't worry about always coming in second, Jackson. You do get used to it. I think, right? Obviously, I wouldn't know.

Percy - Listen, Luke is still out there. Best involved with the Fleece somehow, and I've got a feeling that he's not done yet.

Clarisse - Really? Because I've got a feeling that I don't really care. Gosh, don't look so wounded. Listen, there are generals, and there are foot soldiers. And you should feel lucky that you even made it into the army at all. Just try not to screw up anything too badly while I'm gone. Ok? Let's go.

She refers to Ichneutae.

Annabeth - Speaking of Luke. Where's Jessica?

Grover - Haven't seen her.

Annabeth - She's been gone since the Colchis bull.

Percy - I think I might know where she's been.

Annabeth - Let's go.

Percy - Uhh.. it's ok, I can go.