Chapter 30: Back Together

"A-and... That's all that h-happened?"

Brian stared at George, who layed on the bed. 

Ringo was sitting on the edge, shoulder blade still covered with gauze. He looked over at the pair, breath regular as he tried to block out all that had happened.

""Yes... W-we just stayed like t-that till the police and a-ambulance came..."

Mal and Neil stood behind Brian, both sharing shocked looks with each other.

On the other bed, John and Paul sat on the edge together, equally as shocked.

"M-my... I didn't k-know that things could... G-get that bad..." Neil stuttered, looking at George with wide eyes as Mal did the same.

Brian lowered his head and clasped his hands together.

"L-listen. If there's anything I can do for any of you, I'll be glad to do it."

His gaze fell on Ringo.

"E-especially you Ringo... And George..."

"B-Brian?" John asked, stuttering a bit, "I think that we all j-just need some time alone..."

Brian nodded his head.

"O-of course, and Mal?"

Brian turned to Mal, who was holding a notebook and pencil.

"Ringo... We went out and got you these," Mal said, walking over to Ringo and gently placing the notebook and pencil in his lap.

Ringo set then down on the bed besides him as Mal went back to Neil.

"J-just so that you have a w-way to... Communicate with the rest of us," Brian stated.

Paul sighed, glancing at the dark windows on the wall.

"It's getting late. Brian, Mal, Niel, thanks for doing this... B-but as John said, I think we all need some time alone..."

"E-exactly. Come on lads, let's go."

"Brian?"

Brian stared over at George again, who now looked extremely uncomfortable.

"P-please... Please keep the... R-rapes a secret..."

Gorge's voice was quiet, but everyone could hear it.

"I d-don't want anyone o-other than us knowing about t-that..."

"We won't tell anyone George," Brian stated, looking sympathetically at him.

"Oh... And thanks for paying for the huge meal we had earlier," John said.

"I know that G-George and Ringo were very hungry."

"You're welcome John," Brian stated softly.

Brian turned towards Mal and Niel, who were standing between him and the door.

"Come on... Let's leave them alone to talk."

Mal and Niel nodded, stepping out of the way. They both looked at The Beatles with sympathetic stares as they both exited the room.

Ringo lowered his head as the door closed.

His pajamas were soft, but it did not lighten his mood up.

The room was silent for a moment.

"S-so..." Paul started eventually.

"H-Harold's dead?"

George nodded.

"Yes. That bullet killed him instantly..."

Everyone's gaze fell on Ringo, who either didn't notice or care.

John sighed.

"Even I can't imagine going through... S-something like that."

George shivered.

"N-neither can I."

"Um, George?" Paul asked.

"You feelin' alright?"

George sighed heavily.

"T-to be honest..." He paused as Ringo laid back on the bed, placing the notebook and pencil on the nightstand.

"I'm not sure..."

John sighed and pulled Paul to stand up.

"How about we all sleep with each other for tonight?" He suggested.

Paul nodded.

"I think that's for the best."

George nodded as well, pulling the blanket down. Ringo laid on his back beside him, on the edge of the bed.

The drummer nodded in agreement.

George's gaze fell on Ringo's cheek, and he winced upon seeing the stitches that sealed the cut shut.

John and Paul slowly got onto the bed, Paul having to lay on the edge. 

George lifted the blanket so that it covered them all and looked over at the lamp, the only source of light in the room.

Ringo laid on his side, facing his friends.

"So... What should we talk about?" Paul asked, unsure what to do.

"Actually, just b-being together feels right," George said, looking over at John and Paul.

Ringo sat up and thought for a moment.

He finally had a way to communicate with his friends now, and now looked like a better time to give them a message than ever.

He reached over to the nightstand and opened the notebook to the first page, grabbing the pencil.

John, Paul, and George all looked over at him, noticing that he began to write.

"What do ya think he's writing?" John asked quietly.

"I don't know," Paul responded.

George turned his head over to them.

"How about we just wait till he's done?"

His friends both nodded.

Silently, they all waited for when Ringo would finish writing.