Tom Sawyer Epilouge

So, this is also a short story that I wrote in 6th grade, and it was also a school requirement. Can you see the improvement? I swear, I'm going to die of embarrassment if anyone sees this that I know. 😖🙃🤫
     "Tom, it's time to take the kids to school." Becky's voice drifted upstairs. "I'm coming dear," Tom yelled back. Tom smiled as he remembered his and Becky's wedding and then their three beautiful children, Sally, Amy, and Will. Today was Sally and Will's first day of school. Amy wouldn't be joining them in another year or so.
     "Thomas Sawyer, when I say come down, then you come down!" Becky shouted. Tom grabbed his coat off the rack and ran downstairs. Becky met him just as he jumped down the last five steps. "No running in the house," Becky scolded him gently.
     Although they had been married for 8 years the sight of Becky always took his breath away. Her long blonde hair was in two braids and she was wearing a blue dress with a white apron. Behind her were their three children. Although they were siblings, they looked nothing alike. Sally was 10 and she had the lightest, straitest brown hair that Tom had ever seen. Her eyes were chocolate brown she wore a purple dress with white cuffs and tiny flowers. Will was 8 and he had curly black hair that went with his white shirt and jean overalls. He wore a straw hat to top it off. Amy was 4 and she had strawberry blonde hair that was always kept behind a headband. Her eyes were brown and she wore a plain, light pink dress.
     Just as the family began to walk out the door, Huckleberry Finn came rambling from the kitchen with their bull pup, Mickey, tailing him. "You don't mind if me and Mickey tag along. Do you?" Huck asked. Before Becky could respond Huck was out the door with the kids and pup racing after him. "I guess it's just the two of us, then," Tom sighed. "I wonder where they get all of the energy."
     "Well, Will has sure got your mischief," Becky said playfully. "And Amy has your curiosity," Tom said good humoredly. "Sally must have Huck's cheerfulness," Becky commented. The couple held hands as they watched their children playing tag with Mickey. When they reached the school Joe Harper and his wife, Rose Harper, joined them. Their two twins, Jane and Teddy bounced over to Sally,Will, and Amy and began to play obstacle courses.
     "So, how are the kids?" Joe asked. "All's fine, all's fine," Tom answered. Tom leaned in real close and said,"Although I've been wondering mightily if me and Huck Finn would like to take the kids to Jackson Island."
     "Well, I'll be darned!" Joe said. "Could I come with you?" "Sure!" Tom replied happily. Just then the bell rang. Joe wandered away to say bye to his kids. "My, time flies so fast, doesn't it Tom?" Becky exclaimed, joining him. "Sure does, darling," Tom replied. "Let's say goodbye to the kids."
     The two parents hurried toward the children and gave them big hugs. "Father?" Will said. "I don't want to be in Mr. Dobbins class." Tom looked down into his son's big eyes and dragged him away from his mother, for he would be in big trouble if she heard his suggestion. "Will, since you've been a good boy, I'll give you a tip if you want to avoid Mr. Dobbins." Will leaned in closer. "Make sure to play hooky when you are at school." When Tom drew back from Will, his son's eyes were glittering mischievously. "Really?" Will asked. "Do you really think it will work?"
     "Of course!" Tom exclaimed. "After all, it always worked for me! Your great-Aunt Polly could never tell if I went a-swimming!" Tom had never told any of his children that. He smiled and said "Now go and do what I told you," Tom said more loudly. Will gave him a big hug and skipped toward the school, a new bounce in his step. Will was stopped when Huckleberry Finn came over to him.
     Tom was just close enough to hear him say " Now, make sure you stop by the slaughterhouse and get a dead cat, will you? Good for curing warts." Tom turned away with a smile and thought "Looks like there's going to be a new Tom Sawyer around."