Alpha vs. Human

Hey guys! So, in this story, my 8th grade teacher wanted us to partner up and work on writing a story with POVs. I thought this was easy, until I had gotten paired up with this complete douchebag. I did almost all the work, but he went in and wrote some stuff too. Let's be honest - not my best work. 🐺🥴🏃

It was a dark night, so silent and serene that the crickets rejoiced with little chirps. Fireflies lit the sky like tiny drops of sunlight, and the ones on the ground were blinking in approval. Shadows of predators stalked there prey like their own shadows, thirsty for hunger and bloodlust. Their beady eyes glinted with anticipation.

Suddenly, a man, the complete opposite of sober, staggered through the wood, drunk, blurry, and utterly alone. The twigs snapped like a lightning struck tree, and the predators, lean doglike animals with bloody canines and glowing eyes froze, like frost had crept to many intricate designs on them so that they were ice. The poor, clueless, stupid fat man paid no notice, swaying on his feet, wondering where civilization went.

He had been trying to go to the bathroom, but the bar he was at was stacked to the max with with men with hangovers. So, he stumbled out into the forest, the alcohol in his system at an unhealthy rate so high that he was blacking out on certain intervals. It wasn't until he peed on a rotten, ivy crawling tree when he realized he was stuck in the woods.

The trees, dark and looming, had the holes of the forest critters homes. They looked like eyes, and the forest creatures bunkered in them eyed the poor man, Chad, wondering if he had enough meat on him to eat.

But suddenly when he was about half way in the woods he had saw footprints, but in his sight it was pretty blurry. A few seconds later he had spotted a pack a wolf's and because he was drunk he thought it was a bunch of lost, stray dogs. As he starts walking toward the wolfs, the wolf's had gave him a look like they were going to eat him to death. But as he started to get a little woozy he finally realized that it was a pack of wolves.

Only seconds later the pack of wolves started to chase him, and for a mile or two they guy Chad ran out of breath and leaned against the same tree he peed on. With a slurred groan, he wiped his hands on his jeans, feeling like he was about to vomit.

Something rammed into his back that knocked the already lost breath out of him. His fat potbelly slammed into the earth, socking him in the gut. A rock that was embedded in the moss and ivy kissed his forehead, and the spot throbbed, blood oozing out of the sore spot. Chad groaned and turned around, still lying on the soil that was about to be soaked in blood red liquid

A heavy weight was on his chest and Chad's eyes locked on the wolf's, feeling the tips of his claws pinprick his neck. The man found it hard to breathe. The wolf sank his teeth in Chad's throat and he died.

ALPHA'S POV
It was a dark night, so silent and serene that the crickets rejoiced with little chirps. Fireflies lit the sky like tiny drops of sunlight, and the ones on the ground were blinking in approval. Shadows of predators stalked there prey like their own shadows, thirsty for hunger and bloodlust. Their beady eyes glinted with anticipation.

Suddenly, a man, the complete opposite of sober, staggered through the wood, drunk, blurry, and utterly alone. The twigs snapped like a lightning struck tree, and the predators, lean doglike animals with bloody canines and glowing eyes froze, like frost had crept to many intricate designs on them so that they were ice. The poor, clueless, stupid fat man paid no notice, swaying on his feet, wondering where civilization went.

I flicked my ears.. The pack followed my orders and began to circle the prey. The idiot didn't know that we were there, not until a low ranking wolf, a young one, stepped on a cracked dry twig.

My beta snarled at the young one, he was ready to rip his throat out, that hot-tempered one. The pack had been lacking the food it needed and was dwindling out. The other packs would be threatening the territory and since this man had scared off the only deer in this area, he would be the next target. He looked like he had enough fat on his marrow.

The man looked towards the young pup, barely considered an adult wolf, and began crooning in a sweet, drunken slurred voice. I couldn't understand his words, but he was creeping towards the soon-to-be newly Omega with a sway in his swagger. He was like a delicate fern tickling the wind, swaying lazily.

New Omega flattened his ears, his fur bristling. Alarm raced through my veins through my fur, making the tips raise to edge. Before the man could get any closer, I threw my head back and an ear-splitting howl raced along the woods, bouncing off the trees and reverberating off the trees. The crickets hushed. They knew when the Alpha was pissed off.

The man looked up, and I noticed that his eyes were glassy. He was really out of it. He turned around and began running, tripping on his own feet while he was at it. Some of the wolves came out of hiding and trotted to the poor wolf, sniffing him in concern.

My beta snarled, his fierce warrior eyes following the broken undergrowth that the bumbling idiot destructed. I didn't reply to him and began to run at a steady pace after the man. Beta didn't follow. He knew that I wanted to relish the kill on my own. They prey always run out before the kill.

I tracked the man about a mile, where he was huffing against a tree that smelled like him. I was barely out of breath as I tackled his without remorse. The man let out a groan and the blood of him tantalized my tongue. My canines grew heavy. I pounced on him once the man turned on his back exposing his belly and throat. My eyes locked on his. They were glassy, but
they were wide with terror,, realizing that his end was near. I felt his heart pump through my paws, the beat fast and skipping beats. My claws pricked his neck. There was no honor in this. This man was drunk. If I let his live, he wouldn't even remember this in the morning. If he was sober, the man would have lived longer and run away faster.

I almost got off him. Than my pack flashed in my eyes, and I saw them standing there at the hunting grounds, skinny that i could see their ribs and the judgment in their eyes. I thought of my mate at the den, every single rib jutting out off her scrawny frame, and before I knew what I was doing, I had sunken my teeth in the man's throat, his blood staining my jaws and tongue. Family means more than honor.