My story starter

Hey guys! So this next story  I wrote was in - you guessed it - 6th grade. I think. My memory is always so wonky. Anyway, please comment, text, read! Bye bye👋👋
     Once you upon a time, deep in the sea, a mischievous mermaid named Lorelei, was always playing pranks. During a race, she tied seaweed to a mermaid's tail. Next, she tricked another mermaid to swim into clam shell and trapped her in. On and on it went, one prank after another and one laugh after the next. The queen was so tired of hearing complaints from the other mermaids, that she ordered her merwitch ( mermaid witch) to deal with her.
     The merwitch found her and said,"Come Lorelei, let's sun ourselves on the sunning rocks." Although she didn't know the meaning of this, she followed the merwitch to the sunning rocks.
     After they were done sunning themselves, the merwitch began to doze off. But Lorelei stayed awake. Bored out of her mind, Lorelei planned to pull a prank on the merwitch. "Don't even think about it," the merwitch said gravely, her eyes still closed. Lorelei's mouth hung open. "How did you know what I was thinking?" she exclaimed, startled.
     The merwitch didn't answer, but began muttering and making strange gestures, pointing at the ground, then the sky,and then at Lorelei. Before Lorelei knew what was happening, the merwitch clapped her hands twice and there was a brilliant flash.
     Then, standing before the merwitch, there was a weeping willow by the shoreline, in the exact place of Lorelei. The merwitch gazed at her for a moment, dove under the water, and resurfaced. In her hand was a beautiful conch shell. The merwitch placed the shell on the roots of the willow and said solemnly,"This is a gift from the ocean. May it grant you peace and wisdom in your future years."
     And with that, she dove into the water and headed home. Little did she know that Lorelei was listening and that this shell would be a part of the ocean that was just beyond her reach.