Diagon Alley

As the two families arrived in Diagon Alley, Sylvia ran over to Flourish and Blotts book store, eager to get her school books and wondering what language they were written in. She hope they were either English or Bulgarian maybe even Scandinavian. Nevertheless, she walked in and took out her list of books she needed. It seemed to be the same as Hogwarts' books. (I don't know what books they use there so I'm going to use the Hogwarts ones)

The standard book of spells by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble.

She turned around to find the two parents smiling at her while Pansy and Draco were discussing which pet they were going to get.

"What?" Sylvia asked her mother and Lucius, who shook their heads still smiling. When Sylvia spoke, Draco and Pansy had looked over, only for Draco to see his father smiling which, in turn, had made him smile too.

"Nothing dear. It's just that you are so excited to see a book shop. More excited than we've ever seen anyone." Her mother replied chuckling softly at the end of her statement. "Well then, let's go get your uniforms first then we will get your beloved books," Pansy spoke up, exaggerating the word beloved. They all laughed and began walking to Madam Malkin's robe shop.

When they entered, they saw a squat woman dressed in maroon robes, standing by the door.

"Hogwarts dears?" she asked in a kind voice. Sylvia shook her head.

"Durmstrang for me please." The woman was surprised but smiled nonetheless, leading them to the back of the shop where they were going to have their robes pinned and fitted to them. Pansy and Draco stood on the platforms and two other witches draped black robes over their heads and began pinning them whilst Madam Malkin took one of the female over coats for the Durmstrang uniform and pulled it around her shoulders, pinning the sleeves to be right length and the torso just the right size.

"The red suits you Sylv. I kinda like it." Pansy complemented, Draco nodding in agreement. Next, Madam Malkin took one of the shoulder cape thingys and made sure it didn't come down too low. Once she was finished, Sylvia sat in one of the chairs and waited for her sister and friend to be done with having their robes fitted.

After not too long, a scrawny boy with a wild mess of black locks and forest green eyes came in, apparently going to Hogwarts also.

"Hello. Hogwarts too?" The boy asked the three of them.

"Yeah us two are but Sylvia there isn't. She's going to an all-boys school in Bulgaria. It's called Durmstrang." Draco spoke up.

"So what's your name? I'm Pansy, this is Draco and that's my sister Sylvia." Pansy said, taking pride in who she was.

"I'm Harry." Now Sylvia could put a name to a face.

"Your parents were our kind aren't they?" Sylvia asked, not wanting to be around a mud-blood. She didn't mind half-bloods as they had a decent amount of wizard blood in them.

"They were wizards if that's wat you mean." Okay so he was at least a half-blood, which was acceptable in her eyes. Not perfect but acceptable. You see, even though she may seem like she wasn't as prejudiced as most pure bloods but she was, in fact, just as prejudiced as the Malfoy's as she had grown up as one in a family who taught her that.

"That's okay I guess." Sylvia said but she felt as though there was something about this boy that made him different from the others.

"Wait, you said that the school you are going to is an all-boys school? You're a girl." He questioned, confused about Sylvia's gender.

"I'm not sure either but the letter was sent and addressed to me but at least I get my own dorm." After that last sentence, Pansy and Draco were finished having their robes fitted as well and the three of them left the shop, heading to Flourish and Blotts with their parents.

As soon as they entered, Sylvia was off into the depths of the store, in search of the books that she needed in the necessary language so that he peers could understand them as well if they needed to borrow them. She found them and looked around for some other books she'd heard of, wanting to quickly scan the first page to see if they were a good book or not. She didn't know how long the journey to Durmstrang was so she wanted something to do.

After a long hour, they had most of their school stuff, all that was left was their pets and wands. So their parents went to get them their pets whilst the three headed to Ollivander's wand shop.

As soon as the door opened, a bell rang somewhere within the depths of the dark and musty store that was filled with long rectangular boxes, undoubtedly containing different wands in each one. Out of nowhere, an old man appeared in front of them, smiling kindly.

"Hello Ms. Parkinson, Mr. Malfoy and Ms. Parkinson. Here for your first wands I presume." The three nodded, kind of creeped out that he knew who they were. He pulled out a measuring tape and turned to Draco first.

"Which arm is your wand arm?" Draco held out his right arm and Mr. Ollivander began measuring from shoulder to fingertip, elbow to wrist, shoulder o floor, knee to armpit and rather strangely, in between his nostrils. Ollivander came back with a box then handed it to Draco.

"10", Hawthorn, unicorn hair core. Give it a wave." Draco did as told and as he did, a light green glow surrounded him for a few seconds and Draco felt warm and tingly.

"Thank you." He said as he paid for the wand and the same thing happened with Pansy her wand being 11 ½", willow wood with a unicorn hair core. When but when it came to Sylvia, once she had her left side measured, hers was a bit trickier. She didn't go through too many wands just about 4 or 5 until Ollivander went into the very back of the shop and pulled a peculiar looking wand. It looked to be made of three different types of wood, each one a different colour.

"This one is a strange wand but it is extremely powerful. It is 12 ¼" long made of ebony, willow and birch wood with a hippogriff feather core. I wonder if this one would be the right one. Give it a wave." Sylvia did as told and once she did, the whole shop looked cleaner and less dusty.

"Remarkable. This wand had never chosen a witch or wizard in all the many decades I have had it." The young girl went to pay for her wand but Ollivander shook his head saying something about only treating it with great care.

Creeped out, the children found their parents speaking with Crabbe and Goyle's parents outside Florean Fortescue's ice cream parlour. In her hand, Mrs Parkinson held an owl cage with a cat cage at her feet. The owl was an extremely odd colour, even for the wizarding world. It was a pastel green with light grey tips on the wings. The cat was a normal black cat.

"Hello mother, Lucius. We have our wands but mine was rather odd." Sylv said holding out her tri-wood wand to show her mother. The two boys who sat eating a large sundae each, looked at it with curiosity.

"My! That is a rather strange wand. What core does it have?" Lucius said with fascination.

"It has a Hippogriff feather core. I actually like it. It's unique, like me." Sylv said with a gentle smile on her face.

After a while of idle conversation, the Parkinsons and the Malfoys headed back to the Malfoy Manor to see Narcissa for some afternoon tea and Sylvia enjoyed seeing Dobby and Milly the house elves.

A/N while I was writing, I balanced my laptop on my head (don't ask me why) and while it was sitting there, the keyboard on my head, I ended up accidentally typing 777777777777777777777666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666666.