THE BEGINNING

Maxine Mayfield sat uninterested in class. Yes, she would rather be elsewhere, but then again so would the other twenty-six students in her class. Mr. Webber seemed to bore everyone to death and at this point even he was aware of his affect on the students.

He couldn't just stop teaching though, he had to get money somehow..

The redhead put her head down on her desk. She unconsciously chewed on her lip, counting the seconds that passed. Each second meant a second closer to the end of this class. She gave up by the time she got to fourty-six.

She sat back up, her eyes scanning the room for anything that could muse her interest. They quickly landed on the table across the room.

There sat Michael Wheeler and his girlfriend, Jane Hopper. They, too, were bored out of their minds. The only difference was that they had each other as some sort of entertainment. Most of the time they would just make out. So much for "No PDA" rules.

Mike and Jane had a weird relationship, if you could even call it that. They were a couple when they wanted to and complete strangers when they didn't. They both seemed to be satisfied with that mutual understanding. Most of the time.

Mike glanced back at Max, their eyes meeting for a split second before she quickly looked away.

Ring, ring, ring

The bell finally went off, releasing everyone from their misery. The awkward chime of the school bell was like a sweet harmony to everyone's ears, the student's at least. Unfortunately for them, it was still morning and they had seven or so other classes to attend.

This was just the beginning.