PATHETIC

max and mike now stood eye to chest in the janitor's closet. the height difference was impeccable. mike obviously being a head taller than the redhead.

"what are you waiting for? kiss me!" mike demanded, growing irritated as the seconds passed.

it had been a week, and a boy had his needs. is what he said, not me.

"hm, let me think about it. how 'bout... no" max responded, crossing her arms.

mike groaned, turning around. "are you mad at me or something?".

"it couldn't be more obvious, moron" she spoke.

"why? you know how it is, you're wasting my time" he muttered, ready to head out the door any second from now.

this had been a first timer, an actual conversation.

"you're pathetic. oh and a pussy" she snarled. max was upset about the party. how he'd just left her there after it was all originally his idea.

it was his idea to have sex in an actual room. it was his idea to sneak into a private hallway in a party with half the school. it was his idea to make out in the stupid hallway. it was all his idea.

she would've been fine with keeping things the same, hidden and obscured, but then mike planted the idea in her head, and not only that, they were about to go through with it.

they were so close to doing something they'd kept a secret for months right under everyone's nose but nobody would know. the thrill of excitement max had felt was ecstatic.

she had initially brushed off the thought of being with mike outside of the janitors closet, not caring. but after their encounter at gilbert's party... it was all she wanted to do now.

maybe not at a party, but at max's house, or his house. she wanted to feel like a normal teenager that had sex in a normal room.

when mike decided to call it off last minute she was pissed. she knew being with mike was a bad idea, but she liked the thrill of going behind people's back.

unfortunately for her, the thrill was wearing off. it didn't fuel her like it did before. she didn't mind the occasional screw, mike was good in that department, but she didn't need him.

she could have anyone she wanted, whether she knew it or not. at some point she knew she'd call their little fling off but it seemed to get harder and harder to do.

"what are you going on about?" mike spat, rolling his eyes.

"you know what you did"

"is this about the party? listen, i just wasn't in the mood-" he began, quickly interrupted by the redhead.

"shut the fuck up, you came to me"

"no i didn't! we didn't even fuck!"

"not that type of came- god, you're thinking with the wrong head" she insulted, holding back a small chuckle at his idiocy.

mike's face flushed for half a second, quickly remembering who he was in front of.

"i don't see the big deal, werent you against the whole idea to begin with?" he spoke, sitting down on the floor.

"yeah but then it got me thinking"

"that's a first" he insulted.

"fuck you. you didn't let me finish, asshole"

"let me guess, something about you oh so desperately wants to be with me in bed" he chuckled, now that he was thinking back, he wasn't really being serious about the whole bed thing.

he'd never be serious when it came to her.

the redhead groaned, suppressing the frown that wanted to form on her face. it surprised her how easily he managed to mock her, to make her feel less.

he never failed to make her feel pathetic. after all, she was his side chick. practically a toy.

"you know what? i'm sick of you." she reached for her backpack, done with him. for real this time.

"come on please, i need this" he began, reaching for her arm.

"no, go screw your girlfriend. whatever this is" she said, motioning a finger between the two of them. "is over."