SILENCE

mike tapped his foot on the ground, impatiently waiting for jane as he sat in one of the many chairs in the library.

they had agreed to meet up before school would end so they could hang out after school to do "homework".

he rested his head on the table, hoping she'd arrive soon.

he didn't want to be seen waiting for her, he could only imagine how pathetic he looked just being there alone.

mike wheeler in a library. what a joke.

he wasn't top of the class but he wasn't off by that many points. if he were to actually engage himself in school work he could guarantee himself a spot as one of the valedictorians of his class.

but he didn't engage himself due to pure ignorance.

the clock hit 4 and jane was nowhere to be seen.

the library doors opened and mike looked up only to meet eyes with dustin.

"whatcha doin' here? you're not a library guy mike" he chuckled as he took a spot next to him.

"rude, i happen to be read...occasionally"

"you still didn't answer the question"

"waiting for jane" he mumbled, laying his head back down on the table.

"hm, i still don't get why you tw-" he stopped mid-sentence, thinking about what he's about to say and decides to continue. "why you two are still together".

dustin was always honest, no matter how harsh he seemed. he thought it was important for him to speak his mind.

a true hufflepuff.

"because... it's easier this way" mike grouched.

"bullshit, you're just... attached to her. it's time to move on" he said, struggling for a second on which word to use.

there was a long pause. deep down mike knew he was right, but that didn't mean he was ready to accept it.

"maybe, but i don't want to. i'm fine this way" mike shook his head, sitting up once again.

dustin sighed, disappointed.