.02

Beatrice Clement was an extremely beautiful, intelligent girl. She was once just a happy person who loved basically everything. She loved to read, she loved to play the piano, she loved to watch the stars in the night sky. Most importantly she loved her parents, Lisa and Bruce. Spending time with them never ceased to put a smile on her face.

But not anymore. No, not since that day. The day Beatrice would never forget. The day that changed her life forever. The moment that time stopped and all the color drained from her face. The last time she would laugh or smile, the last time she felt anything but pain and agony.

How would she ever forget? It was permanently stitched in her brain. That horrible day when the only people who loved her were killed. No, Beatrice would never forget.

It should have been her. It was supposed to be her. They should have never entered her house in the first place. The bomb was meant for her, not them. If she wouldn't have been out they would still be here. If they hadn't decided to come by to decorate for her surprise birthday party life would be so much better. She wishes it was her. But it wasn't, and now they are gone forever.

It had been six months since the incident when the FBI had asked her to return to the Joint Terrorism Task Force. Was she ready to come back? Hell, she didn't care. She had nothing to live for and was ready to fill her void.

That night she laid awake as per usual. She thought about returning to work. She thought her parents. About her sad, useless life. Would she ever be happy again? At the chance she actually dozed off Beatrice was awoken by the nightmares of her parents going up in flames and there was nothing she could do to save them.

 Would she ever be happy again? At the chance she actually dozed off Beatrice was awoken by the nightmares of her parents going up in flames and there was nothing she could do to save them