.13

The area dividing the brain and the soul
Is affected in many ways by experience —
Some lose all mind and become soul:
Insane.
Some lose all soul and become mind:
Intellectual.
Some lose both and become:
Accepted.
- Charles Bukowski

"I found a connection!" Says Garcia barging into the conference room.

"Well, go on." Hotch tells her.

"Bruce Clement, Brenda Janice, Eric Lonstone, and Beatrice were either students or professors all at the same school. California Institute of Technology. Everyone's IQ was way over the average." Garcia says.

"And what about Lisa Clement?" Asks Rossi.

"I couldn't find anything to connect her with the other victims." Says Garcia.

"My father taught at Caltech for quite a few years before he retired. He was an incredibly intelligent man. My mother attended Princeton, she was smart but nothing like my dad. I started at Caltech right after I turned thirteen. My dad was already teaching there but I wasn't in any of his classes. When he taught he went by Professor Fletcher. He used his middle name in hopes it wouldn't bring any more attention to the fourteen year old girl in Quantum Physics." Beatrice says with a small smile thinking about how great her parents were.

"We have the same Alma matter. You're dad taught while I attended. If I recall correctly he taught Physical Mechanics and Special Relativity, correct?" Spencer asked her.

"Yes! He did. You have a great memory Spence. He would have loved to speak with you about the Galilean transformations of Newton mechanics as opposed to the Lorentz transformations." She answers.

This made Spencer smile. He really would have enjoyed that conversation.

Everyone looks dumbfounded before Morgan speaks up. "Okay. Us actual human beings didn't understand a word that you said."

"Beatrice, do you remember any of the other victims? We're they ever at Caltech with you?" Asks Emily.

"I really don't recall either of them. It's a pretty large school and I didn't interact too often." She replies.

"Anything else that links them?" JJ asks.

"Well Beatrice, at the time, was working with Joint Terrorism. Eric was the Associate Director for the Office of Congressional Affairs. Brenda was a Forensic Operations Specialist. They are all incredibly smart FBI employees who attended Caltech." Garcia answers.

"Garcia, how many other FBI employees attended Caltech with a high IQ?" Asks Spencer.

"Well you, and two others. Natalie Clarke, a forensic anthropologist, and Johnathon Stein, a linguist." She answers.

"Clement, Reid. I want you in protective custody as well as the other two until this case is solved. You can stay in a hotel. Mix up your routines, it's safe to say our unsub stalks his victims for about six months. Officers will be with you at all times. As of right now you fit the profile." Says Hotch.

" Says Hotch