.09

"Sir you need to have a seat

"Sir you need to have a seat." The nurse tells Spencer  as Morgan holds him back.

"I need to go with her! I need to go with her!" Spencer cried as he watched Beatrice be rushed down the hall of the hospital.

"Hey, hey! Calm down! You panicking is not helping anybody." Morgan says trying calm him down. This doesn't help.

Soon the rest of the team makes it to the hospital and Garcia is on the next flight to LA. They are all trying to comfort each other but they know Spencer is the one who needs it most. They all know what Beatrice means to him.

She had been in surgery for three hours and there was still no word on her condition. Garcia just landed at LAX and was headed strait to the hospital. Spencer, who was still covered in Beatrice's blood, was pacing the halls. He had probably walked a marathon in the few hours they had been there.

 He had probably walked a marathon in the few hours they had been there

Beatrice knew she was alive, she wasn't sure how. She was positive she was stabbed in her carotid artery. The blood to her brain would have stopped and she would have bleed out quickly. She was waiting for her last breath on that operating table, thinking about the last thing she saw, the terrified look on Spencer's face. That couldn't be the last thing she saw.

She opened her eyes and looked around. She was in the cold woods. Alone. It was snowing and all she could see were trees. She walked around looking for someone. She found a gravestone, it was her parents. A blank one beside theirs for their only child. She wasn't ready, there was still so much she had left to do with her life. She screamed yet no one answered. There was no one there. She didn't want to die. Suddenly Beatrice heard a monitor beeping and the world went dark.

"Family of Miss Clement?" A Doctor asks, looking at his clip board.

Spencer stops his pacing and rushes over. The rest of the team stands up and gather around. "That would be us." Hotch tells him.

"Miss Clement had a lot of blood loss. She punctured her carotid artery and had some complications during surgery. We were able to successfully stop the bleeding and repair the artery. She is resting and can have visitors shortly. Only two at a time. Let's try not to overwhelm her." The doctor says.

He turns toward Spencer and says "You pinching the artery so quickly very much saved her from bleeding out. Without you she could have died."

Spencer lets out a breath he didn't know he had been holding. The team all agreed he should go in first and be there when Beatrice wakes up. They headed back to the hotel to sleep for a few hours. Spencer would call as soon as she wakes up.

For the next few hours he read to her every poem he had in his mind. Her favorite writers, Ernest Hemingway and Edgar Allen Poe. She loved poetry. All kinds, but particularly 19th century writers.

He was reading her favorite poem, Solitude by Ella Wheeler Wilcox.

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you;
Weep, and you weep alone;
For the sad old earth must borrow its mirth,
But has trouble enough of its own."

"Sing, and the hills will answer;
Sigh, it is lost on the air;
The echoes bound to a joyful sound,
But shrink from voicing care."

"Rejoice, and men will seek you;
Grieve, and they turn and go;
They want full measure of all your pleasure,
But they do not need your woe."

"Be glad, and your friends are many;
Be sad, and you lose them all,—
There are none to decline your nectared wine,
But alone you must drink life's gall."

"Feast, and your halls are crowded;
Fast, and the world goes by.
Succeed and give, and it helps you live,
But no man can help you die.
There is room in the halls of pleasure
For a large and lordly train,
But one by one we must all file on
Through the narrow aisles of pain." He read out, wiping the tears off his cheeks.

Spencer felt Beatrice squeeze his hand. She was finally waking up. He watched as her eyes slowly flickered open and she looked around. He stayed calm, trying not to overwhelm her.

"Spence, I'm sorry." She horsely tells him.

"There's nothing to be sorry about. I'm just so glad you are okay. I mean, I don't know what I would have done without you. You're my best friend." He replies.

Spencer quickly texts the team she was awake. Beatrice weakly scoots over, patting the empty space beside for him to sit down. He gently sits and puts grabs her hand. He nervously looks at her, not sure he is ready to tell her what's been on his mind for months now.

"Bea, I love you." Spencer tells her avoiding eye contact.

She puts her hand on the side of his face, looking him in the eyes. "I know, I love you too."

Spencer gently puts his hand on her back, slowly bringing her closer. She looks down at his lips and smiles. They share a sweet, gentle kiss. It's full of love.

As they pull away, he wraps his arms around her waist and she lays her head on his shoulder. They both drift off holding each other. When the team comes to check up on Beatrice and see them together, it puts a big smile on all of their faces.

landfill | s.reidOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara