Chapter 1: Changing Man

August 29th

It's been a year after the war and all 7th years from last year have been invited back to Hogwarts in order to finish school properly. When the Golden Trio, Ronald Weasley, Harry Potter, and Hermione Granger, got their letters they were thrilled, each one of them for different reasons. Ron was excited so he could get away from his crazy family. Harry was hoping to have a nice quiet year for once. And lastly, Hermione was excited to finish her education, she also got chosen for Head Girl. A list of supplies was in along the letters and they agreed to head to Diagon Alley in 10 minutes along with Ginny. Hermione and Harry have been staying at the Burrow with the Weasley's since after the war. Harry for obvious reasons and Hermione because the ministry has yet to track down her parents and restore their memories.

Hermione and Ron went upstairs into his room to change. She dragged behind him nervously, knowing he was still mad at her for spilling his tea this morning. Hermione and Ron had gotten together after the war but because of the PTSD from the war and the loss of his older brother friend, Fred, Ron hasn't been acting the same. He gets mad at everything Hermione does and beats her as a punishment.

When they walked into Ron's room he closed and locked the door before spelling it to be sound proof. After he did he forced Hermione against the door by her neck, bruising and choking her. "Ron, please I'm sorry," She struggled to say. He didn't respond and hit her repeatedly on her stomach. She screamed and cried for help but there was no point because no one could hear her. A small part of her just hoped Ron did the spell wrong and everyone still could. When he was finished he let her go making her fall on her knees out of breath. She had bruises along her body, the darkest one on her neck. He changed then walked out of the room leaving her there. She struggled to get up and take off her clothes. She stood in the mirror examining her body. She sighed at herself as a tear trickled down her cheek. She cased a conceal spell before putting on new clothes. She packed her things into her suitcase and did a spell to make it smaller before putting it in the pocket of her robes. She didn't plan on staying with them any longer.

She walked downstairs into the kitchen where the fire place was to see everyone gathered around it because they were traveling by floo powder. "Now who wants to go first?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

"I will," Hermione instantly volunteered. Ron scowled at her but she stepped into the fireplace none the less. She grabbed a handful of floo powder before speaking. "Diagon Alley!" She said before throwing down the powder. Her body went up in flams and within a few seconds she was in Diagon Alley. The second she got there she bolted before anyone else could show up. She ran into Flourish and Boltts and bought her school books. When she walked out she saw Ron, Harry, and Ginny emerging from Quality Quidditch Supplies. She panicked and ran down the street clutching her new books until she ran into someone, knocking both of them to the ground. "Omg, I'm so sorry," She said as she began to pick up her books and look behind her repeatedly.

"It's totally fine," That voice was easily recognizable. Her head snapped in front of her to see Draco Malfoy helping pick up her books. "M-Malfoy? W-what's wrong with you?" She stuttered as he helped her up. He chuckled at her.

"I'm trying to change. After the war and my trial and all the things my dad did and made me and my mother do... we decided it was time for a change," He spoke.

"We?"

"Me, my mom, Theo, Blaise, Pansy and Astoria."

"Oh that's good," Hermione smiled.

"Yeah and I'm really sorry about how I treated you in school. I shouldn't have called you... that."

"It's ok."

"I'm actually Head Boy now," He pointed to her 'Head Girl' badge on her robes.

"Really?" She suddenly swung around as she heard the familiar voices and saw Harry, Ron, and Ginny walking this way. She quickly grabbed Draco's collar and pulled him into the alley they were standing next to. He stood close to her as she watched Ron and them go by. She sighed and laid her head back against the brick wall after letting go of his robes. "Mind telling me why we're hiding from Potter, Weasley, and Weaslette, Granger?" Draco asked.