n i n e

"yeah, we are all we need
when we're holding each other
i'm taken back to 2002"

"ji come here !!" mark called.

they were the only ones left after the campfire at the beach, and mark decided to stargaze with her.

"where we goin'?" eunji asked, getting into the car.

"somewhere," mark said, winking.

"ew, never do that again," eunji said, secretly thinking it was the cutest thing ever.

—————

eunji felt mark drag her up a hill. one hand was over her eyes and the other was latched onto her arm.

"where are we going mark you better not kill me or something i'M TOO YOUNG TO DIE," eunji said frantically. she was lowkey scared.

"relax woman stop overreacting," mark said. eunji knew he was probably rolling his eyes at her right now.

"it's cold though, where are we?" eunji asked, rubbing her hands on her arms to try to keep herself warm.

"okay 3...2...1..." mark took his hand off of her eyes and...

whoa...

the sky was filled with numerous shimmering stars.

"oh my gosh..." eunji said, mouth dangling wide open.

"close your mouth, fireflies are gonna fly in there," mark said, chuckling slightly.

"shut up bro how'd you even find this place ? it looks so secluded," eunji said in awe.

"i climbed approximately 6 hills and walked around 20 miles in total to find this place and i found it like a week ago you're welcome," mark said, smiling at eunji.

mark had absolutely no idea how stupid he looked smiling at eunji like an idiot.

"come here & lay down with meee," mark said, pulling eunji down with him.

"aHH YAH YAH YAH YAH MOOOOOORK oW," eunji grunted, as she fell on mark's chest.

eunji tried pushing herself off, but she felt a hand on her waist preventing her from doing so.

"stay here, it's cold," mark said, putting his jacket around her as they laid on the grass.

"o-okay..." eunji said, blessing the lord because the sky was dark so mark couldn't see her beet-red face at the moment.

mark slightly grinned at the thought of making eunji flustered. it was cute.

eunji calmed down. it was around 11 pm, and she was laying on mark's chest, listening to his heartbeat.

they both wished that this moment would last forever.

both eunji and mark at that moment lived without a care in the world.

they were sixteen.

carefree.

they only needed each other.