s e v e n t e e n

"ooh ooh, ooh ooh
on the day we fell in love"

[ senior year, after prom ]

"ji come here," mark called from across the street after the limo dropped them both off.

they were in front of their own houses.

"what do you want now mork?" eunji jokingly asked. she was tired, it was shown in how she slouched over just wanting to shower and sleep right now.

"i just needa tell you something real quick..." mark said nervously.

"aiya..." eunji said, holding her dress and carefully jogged across the street to mark's front lawn.

"yes ?" eunji said, looking at mark with a curious expression on her face.

"uh...well i...i...ugh. you see, i kinda planned to do this in a more romantic way cause i know you like those things but i really need to get things out of my head. and i know you're really tired so i'm just gonna get to the point and get this over with and you don't have to answer me right away cause i already know what your answer's gonna be so i'm just gonna say it and run off okay ? okay. park eunji i-"

"wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait," eunji said, waving her hands in front of mark's face to cut him off. "what the heck are you talking about mork !!! slow down geez, my brain functions at half the speed it usually does cause it's like midnight already !!" eunji complained, cutely.

"okay then." mark said.

he took in a deep breath.

"park eunji."

"yes ?"

"be my girlfriend."

and then mark ran off.

—————

the next day, eunji woke up and just laid in bed.

it wasn't that she didn't have anything to do; she couldn't do anything.

all she could think of was mark's question yesterday. well it wasn't really a confession, it was more of a demanding statement coming from a person who didn't even stay behind to hear her answer.

she loved him, that's for sure. but she didn't expect for him to ask her out.

i would've said yes... oh my gosh !!! eunji covered her face and rolled around in bed squealing.

"he's so cute..." eunji said, putting her hands on her cheeks to refrain from blushing so hard.

<                                                                         crackheads at 2 a.m.                                                            ~ info ~
                                                                                        3 people

                                                                                               —

eunjiDOYOUNG OPPA'S CAFÉ 10 MINUTES.

chungha 💞
ON MY WAY

rosé 💗
omfg girl you better spiLL.

eunji walked quickly got dressed into a white cropped t-shirt with blue ripped mom jeans and a black belt. she wore her nike butterfly effect air forces and her purple kanken backpack and left.

—————

"okay what's the tea," rosé asked as her and chungha leaned forward towards eunji who was on the other side of the table.

"let me guess, it's mark lee," chungha said, cocking an eyebrow at eunji.

"y'all know me like the back of your hand the frick," eunji said, covering her face with her hands, muffling her words a bit.

"oH MY GOSH IT'S ABOUT WHO ?" doyoung said, walking over to our table with our coffee.

"shh !! oppa stop..." eunji said, smacking doyoung's arm, but ended up hugging doyoung's arm and leaning her head on his shoulder.

"soooo... what about him?" doyoung asked.

"okay summary first and then the deeTS," chungha said excitedly.

"in short, he asked me out and dipped."

"i'm sorry he what ?" rosé asked.

"what when where ?" doyoung asked.

"he said, 'be my girlfriend' really fast, and ran away. it was after prom when we got sent home together," eunji explained.

"oh,"

"my,"

"GOSH !!!!!!!!" they all screamed.

"thank god it's still pretty early so there's no one at the café because y'all are so fricken embarrassing," eunji said, covering her face again.

"wait so what did you say?" doyoung asked.

"I COULDN'T SAY ANYTHING HE JUST RAN AWAY AFTER SAYING THAT !!," eunji yelled in frustration.

"but what WOULD you have said," rosé asked.

"i would've said yes..." eunji said, covering her face for the third time.

"awww," they all said and chungha reached across the table to squish eunji's cheeks.

"my baby's all grown up," doyoung said, wiping a tear.

"shut the hell up old as- bunny," eunji said, putting her head on the table.

"wow, what have i done to you besides serve you this priceless cup of coffee for free?" doyoung said, rolling his eyes playfully.

—————

the three girls were currently strolling with linked arms back to eunji's house.

"so you're telling me that after he ran off after prom y'all haven't talked ?" chungha asked in disbelief.

"yup," eunji said, looking ahead.

"come again ?? you two talk for more than like 12 hours a day and all of a sudden you don't talk to him for a whole day ? bullshit." rosé said, shaking her head.

"i'm not even joking. i don't wanna start the convo either cause it's gonna be so awkward. what the heck am i supposed to say ? 'oh hey mark i know we haven't talked for a whole twelve hours but you wanna hang out ?' like nO !" eunji said, unlinking her arms from rosé & chungha to get her keys out of her backpack.

"but what if i wanna hang out ?" a voice said from behind them.

- ohohohohoooo