t e n

"yeah, dancing on the hood
in the middle of the woods
on an old mustang,
where we sang,
songs with all our childhood friends"

friends.

music.

laughter.

happiness.

eunji felt all those when she was celebrating her sixteenth birthday with her closest friends, her second family.

she remembers vividly how her day went.

the sun was setting and they were in the middle of the woods.

music blasting from mark's speaker.

isn't it ironic that they were listening to 2002 while dancing on mark's mustang in the middle of a forest ?

at that moment, eunji couldn't put her joy into words.

everything felt surreal.

—————

[ senior year, prom d-12 ]

"hyung hyung hyung hyung hyung i'm gonna have a heart attack what am i gonna do about prom guys practically drool over eunji what if she goes with one of them instead ohmygosh i'm such a mess i don't know how to ask her i don't know how to confess to her ohmygodhdjdjd hyung help me i'm gonna die-" mark rambled on and on and on.

"sis calm tf down," doyoung said, rolling his eyes and pushing mark onto his couch.

the two were discussing how mark was gonna ask eunji to prom in mark's living room.

"first of all, be CONFIDENT lee minhyung. if anything she's prolly WAITING for you to ask. all you gotta do is be confident. second of all, forget the other guys, if you like her that much you gotta ask her and make sure she goes with you and YOU ONLY. as for the asking... i have something in mind. leave it up to me hun," doyoung said, crossing his arms proudly.

"but i'm NOT confident. i have seagull eyebrows and i'm not the tallest guy out there a-and i'm so annoying," mark said, head buried in his hands.

"YAH," doyoung stood straight up. "LOOK HERE MARK LEE. I DIDN'T COME ALL THE WAY HERE TO HEAR YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT YOURSELF. YOURE PERFECT, AND I'M SURE EUNJI LIKES YOU FOR WHO YOU ARE. SHE WOULD'VE DUMPED YOUR ASS A LONG TIME AGO IF YOU WERE THAT ANNOYING-"

"actually i think she's tried to many many times-" mark interrupted.

"a-a-ah !! don't even continue talking. you got this okay ? i believe in you. my baby's all grown up," doyoung said, wiping a fake tear. "i'll update you with a plan and donghyuck's gonna help me, okay ? i'll make sure you go to prom with eunji," doyoung said with his gummy smile.

"thanks hyung," mark smiled.

they both leaned into each other's arms for a tight hug, and doyoung left mark's house.

—————

incoming call from 'ji 🥴💘'
accept || decline

mark
yes what do you need

ji 🥴💘
i'm coming over cause i'm bored

mark
wait but i-

ji 🥴💘
bye i'll be there in 2 minutes

'ji 🥴💘' has ended the call

mark sighed.

i can't believe i'm in love with this idiot... mark thought to himself, not noticing the soft smile appearing on his face.

- yayayaya mark is actually the best friend we'll never have bro 😔👊🏼