f i f t e e n

"oops, i got, 99 problems
singing bye bye bye
hold up, if you wanna go
& take a ride with me
better hit me baby one more time"

"we're here !!" jaehyun announced as he parked the car in front of a very familiar view...

"this is where mark drove us after my 16th birthday !" i said, reminiscing the place. "i've never seen this place during the sunset hours though."

"eunji we're gonna go check on some stuff okay ? stay right here and don't move," rosé said as the rest rushed past her and further into the nearby woods behind the city view.

"where are you guys goi- GOD DAMN WHY ISNT ANYONE TAKING ME WITH THEM TODAY ??" eunji said, rubbing her arms for some friction. it was like 65 degrees and she was in a dress. give the girl a break.

eunji waited and waited.

one minute...
two minutes...
ten minutes...

she pulled out her phone to call rosé, but she heard a soft guitar tune strumming from behind her.

"who's that ?" eunji asked, seeing that nobody was behind her.

"and it went like this say
oops, i got, 99 problems singing
bye bye bye..."

"if you wanna go & take a ride with me
better hit me baby one more time..."

"paint a picture for you and me
on the days that we were young..."

"singing at the top of both our lungs
on the day we fell in love~"

"mork ??" eunji said, a little taken aback by the sudden guitar performance.

"remember this place ?" he asked, walking towards her and taking his guitar off his body.

"yeah, you drove the two of us here at like midnight the day i turned 16," eunji said with a smile.

"ahah yea... well i thought this would be a good place to... you know..." mark said, rubbing the back of his neck. if there was one sentence to describe how he felt at the moment it would be : i am so forkin nervous to the point where i can't speak and at the same time she looks so beautiful i started blushing because i can't believe she's my best friend.

eunji giggled and smacked mark on the arm. "why are you so awkward, just tell me why we're here and where did everyone go and why am i wearing this dress when it's so cold ??"

"well you know how you wanted someone to ask you to prom ?" mark asked.

"uh yeah ?? why are they here today ?? is it hyuck ? oh dear lord please tell me it isn't him," eunji said, disgusted.

"hEy I HEARD THA- MFnfhghh !!" a muffled grunt was heard in the nearby bushes.

eunji shook her head and laughed.

"it's not hyuck, it's someone else," mark said.

"who is it then ??" eunji said, curious.

"ji, will you go to prom with me ?" mark asked, speaking quickly just in case he had to blast away after getting rejected.

eunji stood there, mouth hanging open in utter shock.

"did i say something wrong ? it's okay if you don't wanna go with me ji, i understand, i'm not the best date option you could have, but please say someth-" mark was cut off.

"yes," eunji said with a huge smile on her face.

"huh ?" mark had to blink twice.

"yes, stupid, i will go to prom with you," eunji said, holding in a laugh.

"BAHAHAHA YESSS," mark cheered, fists pumping the air, doing a mini celebration.

he picked eunji up and lifted her high up into the air and spun around, while she looked down at him laughing.

( idk how to explain it but this is what they sorta look like )

click click click click click

"AHHHHHH !!!"
"CUTIESSSSS"
"ugH MY CHILDREN !"
"that's my boy !!"

mark put eunji down and smiled down at her

"sorry if it's not what you wanted, it was all i could think of..." mark said, not knowing he was pouting right now.

it was the cutest thing, eunji had to refrain herself from squealing.

"no !!! i could never ask for anything better," eunji said, smiling widely at mark.

ohmygosh she's so cute i want to tackle her to the floor and hug her to death-

mark could only smile at her.