39- the talk pt1

Jungkook was nervous, to say the least. Was Taehyung going to tell him it wouldn't work out, that they shouldn't even try? Was he going to reject the younger simply because he was just a nobody, someone who didn't deserve to be in the idol's presence?

or would he accept him?

Nah, that wouldn't happen...unless?

no. nope. not going there. Jungkook would not let his mind travel to that place. The part of his mind that still had hope.

Jungkook came to love the older over the past few months. His initial crush on the idol grew into something stronger, more powerful than what it had started out. His infatuation with the man he looked up to evolved into something the boy could merely describe as love. Love. Jeon Jungkook loved Kim Taehyung and he desperately wanted the man to know.

But that little doubt in the back of his head seemed to be screaming at him, insisting that the fantasy world he had imagined was never going to happen. That he and Taehyung would never work out, that talking would only lead to the destruction of Jungkook's hopes and dreams.

"Jungkook," Taehyung said, sliding away the bowl of soup that the younger had made for him in order to coax away the headache.

"hm?" Jungkook hummed, trying to busy himself with the dishes, not wanting to have a confrontational talk with the other. But he knew it was coming, by the sound of his voice, he knew that Taehyung was in serious mode.

"Can you- uh, can you come over here, sit for a second?" Taehyung stuttered out. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't embarrassed for tripping over his words. He told himself that this talk wasn't that big of a deal, that everything would be fine in the end, but he knew that might not be the case. They were dealing with a lot of tricky things at the moment, and if the previous events weren't proof enough, then he doesn't know what to tell you.

"But I'm doing the dishes," Jungkook excused, really not wanting to chat.

"Kook, those are my dishes, I can do them later. Now please, we both know that we need to talk."

Jungkook sighed and put down the bowl he was drying, wiping his hands off on a nearby towel and approaching Taehyung at the island, slowly sitting down.

His eyes roamed anywhere but on Taehyung's steady gaze. He refused to meet them. By staring into the other's eyes, he knew he'd only fall harder, and falling harder would only lead to heart break.

"Jungkook, you have to look at me," the older sighed and put his warm hand on the other's shoulder, prompting him to turn out. And reluctantly, he did, surprising Tae with the sad, almost defeated look on his face.

"No, Kook, why are you making that face? Stop it, I don't like it!" the idol worried, trying to figure out what's made him look this way.

"You don't like my face?" the younger asked, mocking hurt. "Damn, and here I thought we had something going on. Unless my fantastic personality makes up for it?" the boy joked, leaning back into his normal habit, slowly easing the tension that once over took his muscles.

"Hey!" Taehyung yelled, playfully hitting his companion's arm. "You know that's not what I meant!" he defended himself, displaying a tiny little pout upon his plush lips.

"Aww, now don't pout like that, you know it's my weakness!" Jungkook couldn't help but chuckle and reach over to lift up the corner of the boy's lips with his thumb. "Hey," he started, a big toothy grin taking over his face, "turn that frown upside down."

Taehyung burst out laughing and lightly shoved Jungkook's hand away. "This is why I love you oh my gosh STOP!"

Both boys kept laughing until they registered what the idol had said.

"I-I mean, I don't- like, um, I'm sorry," Taehyung rambled, trying not to scare the other boy off.

"Taehyung, I love you too."

"What?"

"I said, I love you too. Which is why we need to talk."

"Yeah," Taehyung nodded, "Let's talk."

------------------

Now the real talk will be the next chapter. Sorry I've pretty much been on a hiatus. I wrote another au about Taehyung kicking Jungkook in the face at a haunted house and that consumed a bit of my time, I also haven't had much inspiration for this book. Anyways, I love you and i'll try to update soon. Bye now <3