40- the talk pt 2

Sitting on the couch, the two boys sat in silence, each waiting for the other to say something.

Jungkook thought that Taehyung should be the one to talk first, since he was the first one to say the 'L word'. Taehyung, on the other hand, thought that Jungkook should start talking because, well, how does he put this? He's the more dominant one between the two.

"Okay-"

"Okay-"

The both started at the same time and cut each other off.

This is going to go no where, Taehyung thought.

Right when I finally decided to say something! suppressed Jungkook.

"You go first," Jungkook said shyly, turning his head to cover his red cheeks.

Taehyung sighed before working up the courage to start the dreadful conversation they both knew they needed to have.

"I said I love you...to you. And you said..."

"I love you..." the younger put in.

"...Back to me. So that's one thing...that we know we both have feelings for each other." Taehyung stated, trying to orderly list out all of the new information that is swirling around in his head.

"Right..." Jungkook trailed off, not knowing what else to say.

"I'm an idol," Taehyung stated the obvious, finally looking over at Jungkook and pointing to his own chest.

"I'm aware," the man stated, looking over to make eye contact for what felt like the first time in forever.

"And that comes with a lot of dangers...as we've already seen."

"Yeah," Jungkook agreed, running a hand through his hair as he recalls the memory. "Getting nearly mobbed and then you getting hit with a rock doesn't seem the safest."

"Yeah...a rock..." Taehyung trailed off, remembering something about that incident.

"Tae? What is it? Why are you spacing out?"

"I had a dream," Taehyung stated, confidence behind his voice. "I had a dream where I woke up, and beside me was Jimin. He was my boyfriend, and it just felt so wrong. I wasn't an idol either...I was a graphic designer or something...and- and then there was Hoseok!" he exclaimed, remembering more as he continued speaking.

Jungkook looked at him like he was crazy. What does a dream have to do with anything?

"And- it was in black and white and Jimin thought I was sick or something, I don't know. I think it was because I didn't know what was going on? So when I was at the doctor, who was Hoseok, I realized that I wasn't who I thought I was. You were the famous one. I was a nobody."

"Now wait a seco-" Jungkook tried to intervene but Taehyung stopped him

"Shhhh, let me finish." Jungkook nodded and let Tae continue, listening attentively.

"That whole morning, when I was walking down that street with Jimin, roaming the halls of the hospital, no one spared me a glance. I wasn't mobbed, and I didn't have to worry who saw me. At the time I thought that maybe it was a blessing. That I wouldn't have to fear every time I left my house. But then I talked to Hoseok...and I realized how much I need this...this life. Singing, is my life, and being recognized is just a part of it. I felt lonely, when I was walking down the streets and there was no one who said hi, I felt like I was missing a part of me when I left the house with out sun glasses or a mask on. Because it's me. It's who I am. And I know that sounds weird but it's just what I'm used to. I'm used to the fans coming after me and wanting to hug me, and I actually enjoy it!"

"So what are you trying to say?" Jungkook asked, still a little confused with his rambling about a dream.

"What I'm saying is that even though the idol life may be hard at times, it's the path that I've chosen, and it's the path for me. And when I was in that life, living like a normal person, it just felt wrong. But what was even more wrong, was that you weren't there."

Jungkook's eyes widen, surprised at what the older is implying.

"I love you, Jungkook, and I want you to be a part of my crazy life with me. But only if you're ready for it, and if it's something you think you can handle, because I won't stop being an idol. It's a part of me that I can't get rid of. And if you don't want to be with me, then-"

Taehyung's rambling was cut off by a pair of soft lips touching his own. Jungkook was kissing him. Taehyung's eyes widened from surprise before fluttering shut, kissing back and melting into the kiss.

The kiss was soft and sweet, and after a few short moments, the boys pulled away.

Taehyung decided to speak first. "So, what does this mean?"

"I don't know," Jungkook said mischievously, leaning back into the couch. Oh how smug he thinks he is. "It could be a good bye kiss..." Taehyung pouted. "Or! It could be a 'hey I love you and I want to stay with you and your crazy life kiss'" Jungkook smiled and chuckled at the idol's look of confusion.

"But I think I'd go with the second one...what about you?"

"Oh god, yes!" the boy said exasperatedly, reaching out and cupping Jungkook's cheeks, bringing him in for a second kiss, this one lasting longer, and a bit more intense than the previous one.

"Have I ever told you I love you?" Taehyung asked, pulling out of the kiss to catch his breath.

"Hmm... maybe you should refresh my memory, I seem to be blanking."

Taehyung chuckled and squished the youngers cheeks jokingly. "Well I love you," he said lovingly, looking into his boyfriend's (?) eyes.

"I love you too," Jungkook said, eyes trailing to his lips, then back to his brown eyes before shutting them and leaning in for a quick peck.

"So does this mean we're boyfriends?"

"If it doesn't I'll be the one throwing a rock at your head next."

"Great! So boyfriends!"

"Boyfriends."

——

Y'all are gonna hate me...I had this chapter finished for about two months now and I forgot to post it...:) <3

:) <3