Heart Monitor

HEART MONITOR

CH.7

unedited

♦♡♦♡♦♡♦♡♦♡♦

''Come in!'' I called out to my front bedroom door when someone knocked. I took of my ear phones and stopped what I was doing momentarily once I saw Aunt Kate walk in. I instantly smile up at her from where I was sitting Indian style on my bed.

''Hey kiddo, what's up?'' She asks with a smile.

''Ugh nothing, I have this report to hand in tomorrow and it's kinda killing me'' You closed you laptop and rose off of your bed, placing it down on your desk.

''Do you know what Allison's doing?'' I asked, wondering why she came to talk to me instead of her. I get let off with a warning while Allison got grounded.

''Pining, but I think she's secretly meeting with Scott'' Kate was honest. I looked up at her and smirked, knowing my sister would do something like that.

''And they say I'm the rebellious one'' I joked, Kate laughed a little as well.

''What are you working on, can I help?'' Kate asks, moving towards my desk. I smile and nod, popping open my laptop and reopening the word document and internet tab.

''History project, I have to find something to do with my history and write about it, any ideas?'' I was stumped, my family history was boring. Apart from moving a lot and having family practically all over the country there really wasn't anything to write about.

''Specific to your family?'' Kate leans over me as I sit down in my desk chair.

''Yeah'' I responded.

''Type this in... la bête du gévaudan'' I typed it in word for word then hit enter. I scrolled down a little and read a few sentences.

''Woah, what is this?'' I was instantly curious.

''It's the french legend that might have something to do with your family...'' She trailed off, obviously wanting me to read out a line or two.